Amundsen+ Updates

33q

I have still playing with all the toys on my new SE+ and I noticed that the unit indicates the A614 close to where I live says the limit is 60 mph. This was reduced to 50 mph some months ago and specs cameras installed.

How often are the maps updated and how do I get them updated? I'm thinking that the map currently installed should be bang up to date.

I have read the manual and done some searching but still not got it clear in my head.

Thanks

Lol at getting maps updated in the UK.

I asked about this as my last UK car was out of date from delivery and the local dealer told me 6 months for an update and poi fix.

Wasn't happy

The road map data is provided by Navteq, and is about 18 months behind. The speed limit data is provided by local authorities and the highways agency, so it can take some considerable time for thee correct limits to show. Taking for example the Cambridge to Haverhill road, the speed limits were reduced at least 2 years ago and the navigation providers still have the old limit. This includes Tomtom, Garmin etc. not just the VAG products.

I really like built in. It's there all the time and I don't have to worry about setting up and removing it. Effectively it was free so I'm happy.

From the comments i'm no better or worse than my Iphone co-pilot or my TomTom. It's just on local roads I never use them so the speed discrepancy was obvious on the Amusden.

As always, thanks for the advice

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any alternatives to the Fabia's Amundsen+ to achieve better sound quality and overall functionality? I'd still want to keep the visible reversing parking indicator, Bluetooth, and Phone functions though, but it would be nice to have better and faster iPod integration (such as track artwork, etc).

Any suggestions please?

Edited by FabFabFabia

how do I get them updated?

I'd be interested in the answer to this question. My Fabia is coming up to its first service, and I'm wondering if my dealer will update the maps or whether it's something users can do manually?

Rob