Opinions please?

lowedb

Well to follow this up, have just purchased an 07 plate Scout 1.9. Been very well looked after, and had mats all round including the boot, factory optional PDC as well. Collect it in a couple of weeks.

It was in a lovely condition with hardly a mark, even the alloys were untouched. We paid a bit over the odds, but got a full skoda service history with the dealer we bought it from. It's had cam belt and brake fluid change when it should have (not sure it even needed a cam belt), came with a years skoda warranty too.

It was just heads and shoulders above anything else we've seen, so we just decided to have it!

Now just need to add cruise and maybe upgrade the radio and it'll be perfect.

• Like 1

Cruise control is a relatively costly retrofit on the Roomster. I enquired when I had mine and my main dealer came back with a price in excess of £250.

The Octavia is a simple retrofit and can be done for less than £100. I was told the Roomster required more dismantling and extra wiring - hence the additional cost.

I considered upgrading the radio in my old 2012 105 CR SE+ Roomster to either a Bolero or possbily Amundsen+ (with DAB). The fitting was fairly straight forward, with no additional coding required for park assist etc. This might not be the case with an older car though.

Thanks for the replies, will go this weekend!

BTW, is the radio out to upgrade it? If so, what did you fit in it's place.

And no need to excuse it, I do far worse to my own cars and other peoples whenever I get chance.

No radio upgrade, I was fitting a charging cradle for my phone and had the radio out to hide all the gubbins behind :thumbup:

Well to follow this up, have just purchased an 07 plate Scout 1.9. Been very well looked after, and had mats all round including the boot, factory optional PDC as well. Collect it in a couple of weeks.

It was in a lovely condition with hardly a mark, even the alloys were untouched. We paid a bit over the odds, but got a full skoda service history with the dealer we bought it from. It's had cam belt and brake fluid change when it should have (not sure it even needed a cam belt), came with a years skoda warranty too.

It was just heads and shoulders above anything else we've seen, so we just decided to have it!

Now just need to add cruise and maybe upgrade the radio and it'll be perfect.

Good man. Welcome to the fold. What colour did you go for?

May be worth speaking to Tech1e. He offers a cruise control retrofit service. £10 off if you sign up for Freedom too :thumbup:

It's anthracite, suits the scout. Not all colours do.

I also forgot to add, it still has ten months Tax on it, and it's an E not an F so only £120 a year. Who knows why they shift bands, maybe weight? Could it be the panoramic roof that this one doesn't have?

I took some photos, will post them when I get them off my phone. (Laziness, not incompetence in case anyone wondered!)

Thinking about getting an RCD510 or 310 with DAB as my Christmas present to me and Marmite. I'm sure you all understand why HE is called Marmite, too.

It's a mystery why some 1.9TDI Roomies appear to be in Band F.

Mine has glass roof, optional spare wheel, roof rails and third rear headrest, yet still remains in Band E.

I agree Anthracite is by far and away the best colour for the Scout.

Though I doubt Lowedb's and mine are as fast as Jonny5ive's ;)

It's a mystery why some 1.9TDI Roomies appear to be in Band F.

Mine has glass roof, optional spare wheel, roof rails and third rear headrest, yet still remains in Band E.

I agree Anthracite is by far and away the best colour for the Scout.

Though I doubt Lowedb's and mine are as fast as Jonny5ive's ;)

I've have a spare wheel, but no glass roof, roof rails or 3rd headrest, in Band F... :wall:

But it's not a scout. I wonder if all the standard roomies are in F.

I have a copy of the Roomster "Price List and Technical Specifications" brochure dated 1st July 2009.

It shows the 1.9TDI available in Roomster 2, SE and Scout.

All three variants are shown Tax Band E.

The mystery deepens......

• 3 weeks later...

Is the Roomster being phased out? Skoda configurator now only seems to offer S, Scout and Greenline II - no sign of SE or SE+

Configurator is offline for me. But the specs pages still list SE and SE+.