What do you miss?

estorilblue

Coming from a higher spec car to the CitiGo Elegance is not really an issue as its very well equipped! However there are a few little creature comforts that I miss and I have to wonder if, for the sake of a little extra cost, they were un-necessary omissions.

I understand that there has to be a distinct difference between the CitiGo and the Fabia though, otherwise there would not be much point in buying a Fabia. However these aren't really expensive things!

Anyway...things I miss...

- Illuminated window switches

- Illuminated door lock switch

- Illuminated glove box

- No passenger window control for driver

- Auto lowering parcel shelf

- Fully adjustable steering column

- No dual fog light indicator on Speedo

- Adjustable centre air vents (full speed vent to this area catches me right in the eye!)

- Fully adjustable wiper speed (I find the 1st speed is not suitable for every condition where slow wiping is required)

- OBC in the speedo (although its an optional extra, and I have PID it would still be nice to check car info via the car on short journeys when I'm not using PID)

- Rear wheel arch liners (rain spray noise in the arch is loud!!!)

- Plastic trim to tidy the appearance of the internal boot and rear window surround (this is purely visual, but I feel these areas are the only part of the car that really shows that the car was made to a budget!)

This is not a rant or a moan, I love my little CitiGo, but seriously if they added £200 to the list price to include this stuff as standard I would happily pay it!

Anyone else missing little features often found on other cars?

I pick my Elegance up on Saturday. I didn't even notice the lack of an electric window passenger switch on the drivers side ! Not very observant of me ! Lol

I would have liked that, the other things you've mentioned I'm not worried about :)

Although I've got the removable PID I miss having such and item as a permanant fixture. Spoilt I guess as I had this in my last car, sat nav/fuel computer.

Also miss a light in the glovebox, and boot and of course the passenger window switch, driver side. Not big issues really but I've noticed in use handy to have.

Also what I don't miss is visiting the petrol station.

I've had the car 3 weeks today and only been there for the second time since owning. Still got 3/4 of that second tank left and 480 miles under it's belt :thumbup:

Mick

Edited by MickA

Actually on a serious note, I am used to the position but I like to lock my doors when travelling and (for whatever reason) my car cannot have auto lock/unlock enabled and thus it must be done manually. When you push the button at night to lock, you can never be 100% sure if you did push the lock/unlock button and ironically you have no way to see if you have successfully locked the doors as the lock/unlock noise (even when already unlocked) sound similar.

I personally think that any controls the driver will need to interact with, should be illuminated at night.

I can see you point about the footrest Crista, however at 6'6" I enjoy not having one as it actually gives me more room. However I'm sure people miss it, good point! :)

MickA, I too find the non permanent PID a little annoying. I tend not to bother using it on short journeys due the the time taken to install and remove. Now...I'm sure people would say "but it takes a few seconds", but for short trips you just want to jump in the car and go.

I just have to stop being lazy I guess! ;)

My other car is a top spec Yeti with just about every optional extra other than the sunroof.

The main thing I miss in the Citigo is the lack of thigh support and reach adjustment for the steering wheel.

Because the steering wheel can't be moved towards me I have to have the chair forward a little, which results in my thighs not touching the front of the seat. They are a few inches above it. When driving for an hour or more it is an issue. I am 6'3".

I guess it could be fixed by fitting something or tilting the seat rails.

I don't care about the parcel shelf, the single window switches on the doors, the fact that certain switches don't light up, the way the gearbox whines in reverse or limited ventilation openings on the dash because it is what it is. A good car built to a sensible price. I could buy two Elegance Citigos like this red one with extras and still have change out of what the Yeti cost...

I'd just like to be comfortable when I need to spend a fair amount of time in traffic. After all, it is a city car.

I agonised for quite some time before choosing to buy the Citigo, as I was worried I would miss various things.

However, it turns out I actually prefer that the parcel shelf doesn't auto lift/close - in my last car I was forever dislodging the shelf when lifting things out of the boot and I like the fact that when you manually lift and "lock" the Citigo shelf it is completely out of the way.

I thought I would really dislike the lack of passenger window switch on the driver's side, but I actually don't miss it.

I was worried about the lack of soundproofing, but it turns out I like hearing the car - I don't even mind the noise caused by the lack of wheel arch liners.

I thought the lack of directional centre vents might be a problem, but actually I've found the ventilation system very good.

The only thing I genuinely miss (and still keep automatically reaching for) is steering wheel audio controls.

Have you driven in heavy rain or spray? It sounds like someone is taking a shower in the back seat.

Radio volume up!!!

Yes! It was only about a week after i got it i drove it in rather heavy rain, and it DOES sound exaclty like someone is having a shower in the back seat, it's hilarious!

I've found a really annoying thing about the Citigo ! Lack of seat memory on my 3 door ! Grrrrrrrr !

When putting the kids in the back I have to manual adjust BOTH front seats everytime anyone gets in the back because the seat has no 'memory' ! Really fustrating !

A major oversight in my opinion ! But I can forgive the car because I love it so much !

I've found a really annoying thing about the Citigo ! Lack of seat memory on my 3 door ! Grrrrrrrr !

When putting the kids in the back I have to manual adjust BOTH front seats everytime anyone gets in the back because the seat has no 'memory' ! Really fustrating !

A major oversight in my opinion ! But I can forgive the car because I love it so much !

Yes, i don't have kids but i agree.

I always insist that any back seat passengers access it via the front passenger seat - otherwise i can't get my preferred driving position back!

• Like 1

I am beginning to look at the Citigo, as is my Dad (scary thought, but I bought a Fabia after he did...).

A couple of things:

MickA - 480 miles and 3/4 of a tank left? Or do you mean it's done 480 miles total and is getting good economy from the off? Surely it doesn't do 80+mpg?

The lack of illumination wont be a problem - I tend not to open my windows in the dark, nor do I rummage around in the glove box that often, but if I did I would be stopped and use the interior light.

LAck of seat memory - this is a cheap car, not an expensive one! It's been a while since I had a 3 door, but that never had it and cost more than the Citigo by a long way. The only 3 door I rememebr having it was a Merc with power seats.

I guess there's no room for a footrest - I do use it in the Fabia.

Do any of these things come in at a higher spec level, or can they be optioned, or is it just not available?

Has anyone traded from Fabia to Citigo and what was the experience like? hugely different in size/space/performance/economy etc? I am thinking of changing mine at the 1 yr point.

I guess there's no room for a footrest - I do use it in the Fabia.

Theres a huge space to the left of the clutch so theres plenty of room for a footrest. Skoda just choose not to put one there !

I never use footrests in cars anyway, so not a problem to me.

By footrest, do you mean an angled place where you can put your right foot? I mean that there was one in the CItigo (but on the left side, in Norway).

Yes its the angled piece of plastic where you can rest your left foot if required.