1.2 TSI - 86hp/105hp changes?

Ive been trying to find the changes from the 86hp engine to the 105hp engine but i havent found any real information.

Does anyone here know if there are any changes, if so what are the diffrences between the two engines?

If you look at any of the several tuning shops they seem to be able to pull the same amount of BHP out of both engines, keeping the same dyno graphs..

Would be very happy if someone could shed some light on this..

From exprience with other manfactures it could be just a map and/or Turbo.

Mercedes Commercial Vehicles for example. They use the same engine in Mercedes Vito Obtaining 3 outputs (90,110,150). And out of the 3 i think only one of them had a different turbo.

Eveidence of this is also seen in thir cars and trucks also.

I would hope they the same just different maps put on, this is the case with the 1.4tsi lump in the golf according to its pdf training manual.

Yeah i hope so to.

But it would be nice to know if thats also the case or if there are some diffrences between the two engines.

Easiest way would be use ETKA and compare parts numbers on things like turbos, etc as i cant see anything like piston or heads beibg any different.

Yes thats one way to confirm it.

I hope that someone with access to ETKA can check this for some parts, would be very much appreciated.

Parts book can be found on the Russian vagcats site;

http://vagcats.info/base/sk/3

TP

According to that website there are 2 diffrent turbos. But it doesnt say if one is for the 105hp and the other for the 86hp or if the 2nd one is just a replacement turbo that was introduced in a recall or anything..

• 2 weeks later...

The engines are same, the difference is only in software, and in some countries (I know about CZ and SK) the 105hp version have better rear brakes.

The CBZA map is for the the 86hp and the CBZB is the 105hp version. If you have the 86hp version you can tune your engine to 105hp without risk.