pressure wash the precious seats!

I've just got one too... Made an offer of £50 (plus p&p)

Check the contents mate. Mine has come with an incorrect filter assembly for the dust bags. OK if just using for wet wash (I think) but can't use as a vacuum. I have contacted them.

Also no user manual in my box, here it is online though:

http://www.vaxireland.ie/downloads/pdf/6121_user_guide.pdf

Definitely don't use a pressure washer, wet vac or similar will be best.

I used to work for Skoda for 7 years, spent my first 3 1/2 years as a valeter - there's nothing better than the following process when you have to do a showroom valet on a used vRS;

1. Strip the seats out of the car,
  2. hoover thoroughly,
  3. spray on some upholstry cleaner - I had professional strength stuff and used in as strong as 50/50 on bad seats!
  4. Use a medium/stiff brush to agitate dirt
  5. Pressure wash off - start at the top and run down the seat vertically, this helps to push the dirt out..
  6. Use a wet vac to suck up most of the water
  7. leave somewhere warm to dry completely.

While they are drying, you can attack all the nooks and crannies that you cannot get to with seats in - doing this also helps get rid of any nasty smells that have been trapped in the seats and carpets!

They ALWAYS came up like new and I NEVER had a stain left or any problems with damage!

• Like 3

Check the contents mate. Mine has come with an incorrect filter assembly for the dust bags. OK if just using for wet wash (I think) but can't use as a vacuum. I have contacted them.

Also no user manual in my box, here it is online though:

http://www.vaxirelan..._user_guide.pdf

Cheers for the heads up.... will check it all out when it arrives.

• 2 weeks later...

Did my fronts with the vax on saturday.... they've come up lovely. I used vax ultra+ solution. No water tide marks on drying what so ever.

Surely a vax should of been included as an optional extra when new.....

Did you use the water pump on the Vax itself, or bucket and brush and Vax the excess water up?

I've just had a go at mine and a lot of muck has come out but they don't look perfect at all. The Vax seemed to just soak the seats! Did you use a brush to agitate or just the small upholstery head on the vax unit?

I used the upholstery head with the water pump on the vax and vacuum turned on at the same time, no brushes or buckets involved. You can sort of control how much liquid is sprayed using that slide mechanism on the upholstery head. It was not a quick job mind, i spent a good 2hrs plus on them and i must of refilled and emptied the machine 5 or 6 times and worked over each area at a slow pace. after going over each section a couple of times i would stop the water spraying then use just the vacuum to suck out as much of the moisture as possible to try and prevent tide marks.

Ive only done the fronts so far, will need to have a go at the back seat sometime, but that on isn't too dirty as nobody is ever in there.