Heated Seat Relay Number/Location

I've been without heated seats since last winter after leaving them on while jump starting the old ladies car. I know they were working the night before & stopped working that day. I've been busy with the last year of my apprenticeship this year but the cold is finally getting to me.

So far i've checked the fuse & it doesn't sound as if the relay is energising. I know that the majority of relays are located under the dash which i took apart last night but i'm not sure which one to pull to check it.

Does anybody know the relay number or have a diagram of the relay board? The model is a 2006 1.4 16v Elegance.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

I haven't seen any vag heated seats that run off a relay. Just a fuse.

Have both seats stopped heating?

Oh, that's not good news.

Yep, both seats went at the same time. Because of this i assumed there was an issue on the main circuit, the fuse is definitely okay though.

Edited by Highway_61

Perfect, gives me a starting point for the weekend. Any idea where that is housed?

It's under the driver's seat.

Have you checked fuse 63 with a meter?

Is the adjuster lit up when the lights are on?

Check the connectors under the driver's seat.

It's under the driver's seat.

Have you checked fuse 63 with a meter?

Is the adjuster lit up when the lights are on?

Check the connectors under the driver's seat.

I buzzed the fuse through and it was fine, i haven't actually noticed if the switches are lit up or not but i'll have a look when i leave work tonight.

I haven't yet checked the connectors under the seats, i will do just to rule them out, but they're hugely unlikely to be the problem due to both seats faulting at the same time. Thanks for the suggestions though, i'll give them a go.

...I haven't yet checked the connectors under the seats, i will do just to rule them out, but they're hugely unlikely to be the problem due to both seats faulting at the same time...

Both seats are fed by the connectors under the driver's seat.

Okay, so checked everything last night. Connectors, fuses, control units and everything seemed to be working right except the voltage was far too low. The seats, when switched on, were receiving voltage but it was minimal and varied.

I've been having issues recently with my interior lights which haven't been switching when the doors open and i never put the two together but the LED's in my puddle lights must have been the wrong type because they weren't staying on for long and then when i removed them everything started working again.

I'm assuming they're all fed off of the same 12v supply and the LED's were drawing to voltage down and not allowing enough to reach other components. Thanks for the help though boys, finally got to the bottom of it!

Remember to do voltage checks on the seats with the engine running...

The LEDs are on a different circuit.

There is a 6-pin GREEN connector under the seat. You should have a 12V between pins 3 and 4 of the connector. If you don't measure between 4 and a known good earth (run a wire to battery -ve if you are unsure).

When I bought my fabia last year I had to replace the heater element, as the element came with a new control unit. Turned out the old one had a Short Circuit (Drain to Source) on a NPN FET. Looked like an output FET so i guess it failed and allowed the heater element to draw too much current n pop. Total cost was about £45 for the new element & control unit + a few hours of cut fingers and some colourful language to get the seat covers off :D

• 3 weeks later...

Having problems with my drivers side seat. The passenger side works but there is nothing happening with the drivers. I've checked the power to the switch and it's fine. I currently have the green connector under the drivers seat unconnected but there is no pin 4. There is 2 (red/mauve) 3(brown) and 6(grey). Checked the voltage across 3-6 on the offchance and there is nothing.

Is there any way to check if the switch works or where to check under the seat to see if the voltage is reaching the seat? Is the control unit mentioned above hidden inside the seat as it is no where to be seen under the seat?

Thanks

Having problems with my drivers side seat. The passenger side works but there is nothing happening with the drivers. I've checked the power to the switch and it's fine. I currently have the green connector under the drivers seat unconnected but there is no pin 4. There is 2 (red/mauve) 3(brown) and 6(grey). Checked the voltage across 3-6 on the offchance and there is nothing.

Is there any way to check if the switch works or where to check under the seat to see if the voltage is reaching the seat? Is the control unit mentioned above hidden inside the seat as it is no where to be seen under the seat?

Thanks

It helps if you give the engine/model/year/trim of your car. I guess you don't have the same car as OP.

I thought that they would all have the same wiring but perhaps not? Fabia VRS, 2006 (56)

This is what you should have at the green connector...

1 - red/yellow from Central Electronics

2 - red/yellow from driver's dash control

3 - brown ground

4 - black/yellow power to the controller via Fuse F63

5 - red/lilac from passenger's dash control

6 - grey to passenger seat elements

My guess is someone has deliberately disabled the driver seat heating. Are you sure that the the red/lilac goes to pin 2 and not pin 5?

Is there a black/yellow wire anywhere under the seats? My guess is that it now connects to pin 3 (or maybe pin 6) of the heated seat control unit.

I am assuming this is RHD. My guess is someone has had the seats out. The passenger side wires match what you found under the driver's seat.

How many wires are on the other side of the connectors?

Have you found the heated seat control unit? It should be under the driver's seat.

Seems that everything is the opposite way round for mine??? Perhaps they put the shell on the wrong way round! ;)

Just Checked the switch with a meter and it is showing different values from off to 5 so guess that's working ok.

Also checked under what is everyone else's passenger seat but my driver seat (green connector with three wires Brown,grey and red/lilac) and checked the voltage, it's showing 13 ish volts going to the seat. Also if I check the red/lilac then it is showing the same readings I got when testing the switch in the dash so the signal seems like it's getting to the seat so I'm guessing the element is knackered?

Heated seats are available for both leather and cloth seats.

IIRC, some of the Fabia 1 trim levels have heated seats as standard. It probably depends on the year too.

Should my vrs have them fitted then? It's a 2005 on a 54

• 4 weeks later...

I've been having problems with mine too, just the drivers one. Worked fine one day, stopped the next. Then it randomly came back after some switch cleaner on the switch, then went, so I spent £30 on a new switch. Switch came and fitted today, let's say the language used at the result was... interesting :(

So I've just spent £30 on a switch for it to not be the problem