Evening Rapid Launch Meet - Thursday 6th December 2012

RockyVRS

my goody bag didn't have the t-shirt, mini car or fabia mug in it...

They did say they were all different, my brother got a stainless travel mug, china mug, cap etc but no t-shirt :)

A great event even with the rain. Apologies for not making myself known to everyone, I was wearing a red top and dark grey gilet, with the missus in tow.

We drove the Rapid, Citigo and Octy VRS petrol (missed the chance to try a Monte Carlo tho). The Citigo surprised me the most, especially as it only had 60 bhp. Ok so it showed going up the slip road on to the motorway, but then that's not really what the car was designed for. Compared to the Up and the Mii it seems the most 'grown up' and is probably the best value too. The VRS petrol didn't blow me away as much as I thought it would. We took a diesel VRS out a couple of months ago and were quite impressed, but I expected the petrol to be even better, but it didn't seem that much quicker, I guess I'm just used to the torque of the 170 diesel. The paddle shift is great though... must spec that next time. The Rapid has left me wondering, I'm not sure what its trying to achieve. It looks good from the outside and carries the new corporate identity well, but I was expecting more from the inside, especially as it had a lot of optional extras fitted. Whilst its clearly spacious for its size, I think rivals may have the edge on quality, which is a shame as we know what Škoda are capable of. Hopefully buyers will see the benefits of that space though!

A great time was had. Many thanks to RockyVRS for arranging this, and to the Mitchell's team for making us feel so welcome, especially Richard G, Dawn and Neil who never tire of humouring my enthusiasm. It's customer service like this which makes Mitchell's stand out from other dealers!

Enjoyed the meet! Great food! Was nice to meet some of the Briskoda people and the staff were very friendly!

Richard mentioned a meet next year sometime for the launch if the new Octavia - hopefully that will go ahead too! Great to see Skoda doing well and trying to cater for everyone's needs in their model ranges.

Thanks once again to Paul and all the Mitchells staff for organising the event.

I had a go in the Yeti 110 tdi which was very pleasant, seemed to have much more mid range punch than my 1.9tdi but there again it is a new car with 120k less miles :blush:

The chinese & beer was nice too.

Look forward to another meet next year for the launch of Octy 3, light nights and some dry weather would be a bonus. As others mentioned some interesting roads on the way home with water and mud pouring off the fields in places.

No goody bag for me either, all gone when I left :sweat:

Hi all,

Firstly - i apologise i could not be there myself. I knew on Wednesday i was unable to attend as a few of my team at work are off with this highly contagious 'Norwalk' virus. However i didnt want to post on here stating i wouldnt be there as i thought that might make some people not want to attend. Im very sorry and im very cheesed off myself as i really wanted to attend this.

From the feedback above it sounds like fun was had by all - which makes me feel as though the months of conversations between myself and Mitchells was all worth it :)

I will catch up with Richard at Mitchells in the next week or 2 before i go away on holiday and get his feedback, and see what he thinks about holding another one in the future when the weathers that bit better, and the nights are lighter.

If anybody has any pictures (if anybody took any) please stick them on here :)

Any issues, complaints, suggestions or comments from the meet they would like to put across to me, just drop me a PM.

Thanks very much

Paul / RockyVRS

Hello all.

Paul/Rocky vRS, thank you so much for organising this event. I have never been to anything like it before, nor did I think any Skoda dealer was interested in doing such a thing.

The opportunity to try the different cars was brilliant and allowed me to resolve a few issues about what (if anything) I should get next. Absolutely adored the Superb! Weather was a bit poor and was really the reason we left quite early - we got back to Aberystwyth at around 2230 though which wasn't too bad. An Octavia BBQ Launch Party would be good... :D

Hello all.

Paul/Rocky vRS, thank you so much for organising this event. I have never been to anything like it before, nor did I think any Skoda dealer was interested in doing such a thing.

The opportunity to try the different cars was brilliant and allowed me to resolve a few issues about what (if anything) I should get next. Absolutely adored the Superb! Weather was a bit poor and was really the reason we left quite early - we got back to Aberystwyth at around 2230 though which wasn't too bad. An Octavia BBQ Launch Party would be good... :D

Thanks for coming along -you came quite a distance! :)

BBQ themed is what i was thinking of suggesting to them, whether its just a general meet or one for the Octavia Mk3 launch period we will see.

Ive organised things like this before in the past with Ford and Audi dealerships :) :)

Paul

• Like 1

Haven't got the goodie bag yet :( was out test driving the Citigo and they shut the dealership, gonna pick them up at a later date...

Maybe as consolation you should have been given the Citigo! :giggle:

• Like 3

Be up for a summer/spring meet ,shame could not attend only have had one day a week off since end of October and I dont get back from work till nearly 7 so was impossible to come

No worries blue. I didnt even go myself in the end :no:

Im going to pop into Mitchells at the end of this coming week to have a chat about another meet in the Summer, maybe look into the possibilty of a Saturday afternoon meet. If not, a weekday evening, but this should still be ok as the longer and light nights.

Im off to Australia in just over a week for over a month, so ill crack on with sorting something out when im back

Thanks

Paul

• Like 3

I think Mitchells will do another meet if there is return from this one, either from somebody purchasing a car or maybe going to them for servicing etc.

I don't think they will just run this type of thing out of a matter of course.

I think Mitchells will do another meet if there is return from this one, either from somebody purchasing a car or maybe going to them for servicing etc.

I don't think they will just run this type of thing out of a matter of course.

It's more than just getting a new/used car purchased. If this is the only dealership to offer an event like this and the do it annually, the site members attending will grow year on year. This increases awareness of their branch (which Richard told me held the largest UK stock) and also increases their popularity amongst forum members. I won't be buying a new ca any time soon but when I do it's Mitchell's I will be visiting first :)

Networking isn't always instantaneous, it takes time to build a solid reputation :)

• Like 2

Whilst out with Rob in the Yeti, he mentioned its not the 1st they have done group events, albeit a church group and not a forum. So if it's not the 1st for them, then I guess it won't be the last as there must be something in it for them.

As for custom from me, well next time I am in the market for a car (for me or my daughters!) I would indeed give them a better chance next time... I have had 2 quotes before from them over the years (last 2 Octy's) but initial quotes were way over the odds... you never know... if this event or future ones help drive a bargain price?