bushes

m-davey

my bushes have about shot it and ive been looking for replacements. i have found some on ebay made by a company called flo flex.

just wondering if anyone has heard of or used any of these? they are poly bushes so i guess they cant be too bad right?

The powerflex ones have the added bonus of being pretty hassle free to fit, you don't need to make or buy a tool to press them in. Glad I went down that route!

They're really that easy fit? I was going to do them myself but as soon as the word 'pressing' came up I didn't want the hassle!

They're really that easy fit? I was going to do them myself but as soon as the word 'pressing' came up I didn't want the hassle!

Yes - the Console Bush comes in 2 parts, the front wishbone bush in 2 poly with a metal sleeve and by all accounts (I didn't do mine) they are dead easy to do - mine have been done in the past 3 weeks.

I would advise buying new pivot bolts for the front bush as well for what they cost.

Yes - the Console Bush comes in 2 parts, the front wishbone bush in 2 poly with a metal sleeve and by all accounts (I didn't do mine) they are dead easy to do - mine have been done in the past 3 weeks.

I would advise buying new pivot bolts for the front bush as well for what they cost.

Good to know, thanks mate. Probably give it a go after payday and pray for some mediocre weather to get it done.

OK I've done console changes using both the cupra ones and the powerflex ones. IMHO I'd recommend spending the extra and going with powerflex. As mentioned above, they come in two parts which makes refitting the wishbone alot easier than the cupra ones. Also you need to "press" in the cupra ones using a special tool (most people home make them or get a metal company to do it).

The power flex ones are geat. Slide in the outer ring and pop the inter ring on the wishbone - then simply use the copper slip provided and slide in. Because their circular you can the rota the wishbone up to the desired point for the front bolt to fit through. you can't do this with the cupra ones and doubled our install time for the wishbone because of it.

Also if you haven't already I'd recommend changing you anti-roll bar bushes - pretty simple to do and as you have the car off the road you may as well do it. Those bushes are around £20 while the consoles are about £47.

Hope this helps.