Had fun shopping!

taff170

Well I've decided to get myself a new car on lease for 3 years.after sending the vRS back in Feb I've been using my mighty Berlingo van to run round in and also bought a MK4 Golf GTI Turbo to thrash!(on private land.... Obviously)

So this week I've been trying to secure the best deal.

In the running was(in order)

Yeti greenline 2 elegance

Golf GTD

Skoda Octy vRS

Skoda octy vRs Blackline

Seat Leon Supercopa

Yeti out on initial deposit

Blackline out due to none left now(gutted as I was prepared to sign on the dotted line for that!)

Golf out for same reason as yeti

Which leaves me with3 cars available for quick delivery,

Grey vRS CR standard

Red vRS CR with leather

Any colour inc metallic Supercopa

I've got to admit I'm leaning towards the seat

Thoughts anyone.

Don't worry about running costs/depreciation as its leased through my company so it's not really an issue.

More thoughts on style, performance and practical things

Thanks

Edited by taff170

Hmm tough one.

The Supercopa has a massive spec and the bi-xenon's alone would probably swing it for me, has Seat done anything with that god alwful dashboard yet?

The vRS (in my opinion) is a little tight on standard spec for me however the boot is huge which I'd miss if I swapped to a Leon.

If I was able to add a few options to a vRS then that would be my 1st choice, however as you aren't able to I'd swing to the Leon.

I like my toys!

• 2 months later...

Quite a nice classic Vauxhall there.

Who's the "sweaty Jock Strap Bitch" as you eloquently put it?

I really don't care what anyone posts about me and certainly wouldn't let it cause me to bust a blood vessel.

Edited by taff170

Jumped from leasing and bought an 08 Vectra SRI 150 CDTI...... Runs and hides!

I've had 2 before and liked them both so I thought I'd try another!

60,000 FSH one owner for less than £6k plus got decent part ex on my runaround Gti.

Lot of car for the dosh and nice to see 65+MPG rather 21 from the golf!!

• Like 1

I loved my SRI 150 cdti..but I got fed up of the swirl flaps giving up and the other faults I had in the year I owned it!!

Good choice though!

The 2 I had (54 plate) and FL (56 plate) had no issues and I ran them both to 100,000 so hoping this one will be the same. I'll just make its serviced regularly and maintained well.

Had the 19 inch snowflake alloys on last one, looked good but felt every bump in the road.

I've got standard on this one but I have a chance of getting the 19's again.

Go for the looks or go with smoother ride..?

Undecided yet..

Despite the fact that half of the engine bay is held together with zip ties, I really quite like my bosses SRI. Comfy, economical and the inside, despite being a sea of grey plastic and horrible patterned seats, seems really well built. Dare I say I actually quite like the way they look on the outside too!

He's got the point with his now though that he just can't be faffed. Reversed it into a wall the other week by accident and can't be faffed repairing it!