Shampoo recommendations

ckyliu

Other than soap sticks. I have only used Megs Gold class. I'm about half way though the large bottle, and can't complain. I bought it from all the good reviews.

Personally I'd never use wash and wax stuff. The problem is you'll end up waxing the glass which isn't a good thing. Wax makes wipers smear.

Personally I'd never use wash and wax stuff. The problem is you'll end up waxing the glass which isn't a good thing. Wax makes wipers smear.

I wised up to that a while ago, the washmit doesn't go on the glass. Rain propellant on everything except the windscreen and I clean all the glass separately using a dedicated glass cleaner.

Edited by ckyliu

Sorry for hijacking the thread but Im really interested in a snow foam lance and the auto brite lance looks good quality however Im really struggling with the snow foam bit, can someone offer some advice on what's best and from where. Im looking for something that will produce a nice thick foam but will not strip the wax off the car, I don't mind having to physically wash that car after so it doesn't need to be touchless.

I spotted Banana Gloss Hyper shampoo, is this any good?

Here:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/general-commercial-posts/85611-autocleanz-hd-snow-foam-lance-group-buy.html#post1367617

I didn't want to start a new topic, so will post here: Is there any shampoo I can get at halfords that will remove all preotection, i.e. wax etc.? some of them stated that it will not remove wax, but non of them stated opposite. Thanks

Edited by hunker7

Another vote for Megs Gold class shampoo.

I'm using Bilt Hamber Snowfoam which is pretty good and

biodegradeable. I have a lot of trees in my front garden

and a gravel drive. Mrs Grr would kill me if any of her

trees (sap spitting bu99ers) were to go a funny colour and then die.

The ground soaks up everything I rinse off my car.

Sap spitting tress do my absolute head in! Dead leaves are the worst, they just sit there or get stuck in the wipers - so bloody annoying.

Have any of you guys called of AM Details? Their shampoo is getting very good reviews.

• 2 months later...

.....never used shampoo only snow foam with presure washer :rock:

....actually the only time i use shampoo is when doing a full detail of the car to strip all layers of Wax off :giggle:

How odd!!

Anwyay i love the Britemax shampoo

....actually the only time i use shampoo is when doing a full detail of the car to strip all layers of Wax off :giggle:

Snow Foam is only meant to be a pre-wash

You should always follow this with a Shampoo wash as well

Snow foam will not remove all the dirt

To have an effective safe wash you should do both:

1. Rinse

2. Snow Foam

3. Leave 10 minutes

4. Rinse

5. Wash with Car shampoo and with two buckets (TBM method).....With a MF Pad or Mitt..NEVER a sponge!!

6. Rinse

7. Dry with MF towel..NEVER a chamois..They can scratch paint by holding dirt/grit in them

Optimuweel rinse!

No need to drag the pressure washer and foam out for every wash. I'm addicted to the stuff, get round the fabia in 30 mins start to finish.

Yes this is special stuff! I add a bit to my normal AG shampoo as well as using for a quick wash with minimal water. Plus you can use it as a quick detailer.

• Like 1

Either Snow foam - Rinse - shampoo wash 2bm - rinse - dry

Or ONR pre spray - ONR wash - dry.

I've used it over two winters now and if it's you clean once a week its fine, I managed that last winter with living in a flat with underground car park. :) This winter though I've not managed such a routine with the bad weather and just a drive, if left more than two weeks i head down to the local garage to give it a pressure wash.

Last year there was no more swirls in the paint than the foam and two bucket method, nothing a quick go over with a light polish with the g220 didn't sort!

There is no compromise. :) The main benefit being I have more than halved the time spent cleaning the car. Don't get me wrong I love using the snow foam every now and then but dragging out all the cleaning gear every weekend is tedious and i feel not necessary anymore.

I was forced to swap to it after living in a flat with no water supply in the car park, glad I was forced to now!

If you haven't used ONR give it a try.I used it on my very dirty wheels at first and was exreamly impressed with its cleaning powers and water beading ability and no scratches or swirls.

Only needed a gallon of water and a cap full of ONR wheel micro fiber mit and micro fiber towel to dry.

I even take a solution in a spray bottle to Germany for a quick clean up. Helps clean the flys off the front and soot off the back of the car after a hot lap of the ring!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...