Interior LED's?

Anyone have these fitted?

I had them in my last vRS and took them out to fit to the new one. Only yesterday I noticed that the Outer 2 lights front and rear stay lit very dimly when I am out of the car. Don't think I noticed them on while driving but I am certain they are not. Any ideas as to why this could be?

Cannot say if I ever noticed it on the old car either.

You will see in the pic here. The centre light goes out.

8DA8FB8ED9B94F959242B9EB8D31CB23-0000326183-0002757867-00800L-903A860457F04753B4C13003F40DD68F.jpg

Edited by vectra1

Can't see what we're looking at.

Sorry, The pic is just to show which lights I am asking about.

There are 3 lights in each unit, The centre ones go off but the outer ones light very dimly when I have the car locked up for the night.

(The rear light unit is not the standard one, that's one from the front.)

Have seen this, It seems to depend on what LEDs you've got fitted. I had some from a well-known automotive emporium, 2 x w5w in the map reading lights and the other 2 OEM filament. The LEDs stayed on dimly when the car was locked. However the ones I got from Fizmo (all LED interior) switch off 100% when the car is locked.

Suggestion: Lock the car as normal, and go back to it after half hour or so and have a look.

Have seen this, It seems to depend on what LEDs you've got fitted. I had some from a well-known automotive emporium, 2 x w5w in the map reading lights and the other 2 OEM filament. The LEDs stayed on dimly when the car was locked. However the ones I got from Fizmo (all LED interior) switch off 100% when the car is locked.

Suggestion: Lock the car as normal, and go back to it after half hour or so and have a look.

The car is a week old and those are the units it was fitted with.

** Actually, that is a pic of my last car**

The LED's came from Superskoda and as far as I remember they were perfect in my last vRS.

When you say lock it as normal.

This is what I do, Get out of the car. Close door. Press button on key fob to lock doors. Did this at 6pm yesterday, the lights are still on very dim.

Edited by vectra1

Strange, that's definitely a front light unit (grille for the mic is there).

Yeah, lock it, leave it, come back later and see if they're still on.

Strange, that's definitely a front light unit (grille for the mic is there).

Yeah, lock it, leave it, come back later and see if they're still on.

That is what I did, locked it and went back several times over the past 24 hours and they are still very dim. Strange about the light unit being a front one. Must run out and check this one..

*EDIT*

Just checked there and the rerar one is the same in this model as the one in the pic.

Also

only about 4 led's in each of the outer light are very slightly lit.

Edited by vectra1

Who is Fizmo

I've got exactly the same ones fitted and they do exactly the safe as yours.

I suppose it takes literally nothing out of the battery charge?

• 3 weeks later...

A box with the full set arrived from superskoda this morning, along with a pair of boot lights.

I found, when fitting the interior lights, that the centre main one didn't go all the way into place. Resolved it by chamfering the inside edge of the foam blocks so they went past the rib inside the fitting easily.

A far as the boot lights go, the ones superskoda supply are not plug and play for the latest octavia incarnation.

The OE lights have a thin metal frame around them that needs removing first.

Held in place with a tang on all four sides. PITA to get to but do-able through the rear light access flap.

That is after you've cut the tabs either side of the locking knob so the damn things actually open!

Anyway, back to OT... The map lights stay on very dimly for about 3 hours.

Hi...

I changed all my interior lights to LEDs from http://www.autoledshop.com/ That includes doors, boot, glove compartment & license plate. SWMBO liked it so much I had to do her Type R as well. :rock: Looks like daylight in the car when you see it the dark. I'm fortunate that their shop is only 30mins drive so I took the car round & the young bloke there new his stuff & was able to advise as to what was best for the car - this includes any canbus-related questions. It's worth giving them call. :thumbup:

Might be worth a trip to Auto leds then if they know what there doing as i am of the understanding that led nimberplate lights on a fl oct are a pita to sort, plus i also want to add some footwell lights

Been looking @ that myself. SWMBO has cool red ones in her Type R. I had them in my old Mondeo. But , judging from the posts I've read on here, it's not an easy job, unless you're keen. Someone on here had green footwell lights fitted, which looked rather cool... Might have a word with said geezer @Autoleds to see how much it would cost