13.4 seconds @ 113mph - new record!

For me anyway. Car felt good today, and with a little more weight out, and the front tyres knocked down good and low, the car set a new record for me. I'm sure with better/wider rubber I can get my 60 foots down and push for a 12 second time. :)

• Like 3

13.40 something - Left the paperwork in the car outside. I think it was 13.402 @ 113.2 mph, or something like that.

I think if I can simply convert wheelspin into traction, I will have a very high 12.

Forgot I had uploaded photo to FB.

113mph134.jpg

Impressive considering your 60ft time is almost 2.4 seconds.

Maybe a run in the 12's is on the cards for next year...

Does look like cool days are better, so get it ready for the GTI spring meet. :D

well done jason im glad u got ur new record u was trying hard at the gti fest last weekend

with more rubber u shud easy get low 12's compare ur 60ft and final mph compare to the other cars if u can get them 60ft down u shud fly down that track

Fantastic time mate, one can only hope to be running that kinda power to get those times.....Ah well suppose I best get saving haha

13.40 something - Left the paperwork in the car outside. I think it was 13.402 @ 113.2 mph, or something like that.

I think if I can simply convert wheelspin into traction, I will have a very high 12.

Forgot I had uploaded photo to FB.

113mph134.jpg

I have said it many, many times your car is bloody quick and the terminal speeds are there, after 330ft it must be a missle... look at the mph you made up after 1/8th mile over the other car!

If you look at this 1/4 time of mine at Shakey a while ago...

Shakey3rd.jpg

If you ran the same 60ft times as this and even the same 330ft times (which you wouldnt you would be running faster 330ft time logaically)

That would be a 12 second car.

Saving even on those times .4 seconds for the sake of argument over the first 330ft would get you into the 12's. Heck you are only .1 seconds behind my 1/8 time... so you make up .3 just there... based on that logic with those terminals if you some how managed to get "my" power down for the first 330ft then yours after, its could dip a mid 12.

IF somehow you managed to use your power all the way, so maybe a sub 2 second 60ft time, low 5 to 330ft and so on... its a lower end 12 second car... but that would be some magic right there tbh to get that, conditions would have to be spot on for you to get grip that as far as I am aware no other FWD derv wagon has ever got! My PB is 2.03 to 60ft and I honestly have not ever got close to that again, a normally run 2.1....

Big well done, and glad your getting those times down, keeps the rest of us on our toes sir!

This weekend has got me thinking now........... I was running with a full interior, sub, over half a tank of fuel and heavy wheels.

What size tyres do you run T.Spark? I'm tempted to go back to some lightweight 16's.

Do you think I've caught the drag strip bug now? :D

Edited by SimonK24

I had standard 16 inch wheels running 215/40's on those runs

I tried some standard 17's with imho crap tyres and I dropped into loe 14's all day. So quicky went back to 16's.

That said I now have some Pro Race 1.2's that are 17's and going to be running those with RB5's I think next year.

This weekend has got me thinking now........... I was running with a full interior, sub, over half a tank of fuel and heavy wheels.

What size tyres do you run T.Spark? I'm tempted to go back to some lightweight 16's.

Do you think I've caught the drag strip bug now? :D

I see one seat, lightweight battery in boot, no carpets, no rear wiper and no aircon in your future :rofl: