FOG! Why do people drive with out lights on!

charles

I was on the motorway a few week back at night in thick fog and I went down to just side lights as it was better for seeing,

a BMW X5 went flying past with all his lights on with the white lines between his wheels for sight, he was all over the place

Drive to work this morning...

Set off with no lights head up M62 towards Rishworth

Sidelights on as it gets murky

Bit higher up and headlights on as the fog (that's been there three days) descends

Get up to Rishworth Moor and fogs on as you couldn't see 50 yards (saw fire engines with burning truck was only when I drove further down the motorway I saw the police had closed lanes...)

I do love Yorkshire weather (being from Lancs) :)

I was on the motorway a few week back at night in thick fog and I went down to just side lights as it was better for seeing,

a BMW X5 went flying past with all his lights on with the white lines between his wheels for sight, he was all over the place

Thus disabling your rear fog light(s). Since you have a vRS, you've got front fogs, so why not use them in the conditions they are designed for?

Guest George512

Sorry, but I thought the thread was about idiots with NO lights on, not fog lights.

*sigh*

Probably the worlds most pointless post. Besides this one.

On another note though, I had to smile at the actions of a motorway womble the other day on the M4. In pouring rain and terrible spray/visibility, the womble in his Land Rover or whatever they drive was probably the only car I saw without any form of lights on. Nice to see taxpayer money going to good use