fabia vrs temperature light flashing on dash (red)

lannen55

started my fabia up after 2 days of sitting and about a min later a red temp light started flashing on the dash and made a beeping noise , i drove the car and there no problems at all doesnt overheat or anything but light still flashes away in red , this only happens on the first start up of the day then goes away unless left overnight then it will come back on the first start up of the day, could anyone help me with this ?

It's a common fault on them, it's something to do with the metal prongs on the inside of the expansion tank covered with crud and not getting a proper reading or something along those lines. New tank's are around £10 from TPS I believe, I need to go and buy myself one. It happens to me some mornings, I drive around the corner and knock engine off and fire back up and it clears it.

Edited by Southy
  • Like 1

cheers for the help , i will take a look at the coolant 2moro morning and also look at the tank and take it from there ,thanks

Or, your radiator has sprung a leak.

Very slight and slow leak right down in the bottom corner on mine 2 years ago,in which case, and for the same price as new expansion tank too ironically, K Seal is your and my new best friend.

Awesome stuff, and it really does work too!

Edited by Mr Ree

mine does this also, but i've noticed it leaks out the side of the coolant bottle where its seels the top and bottom. haven't got round to getting a new one. oops. :p

Edited by Ryy.P