The muddy look...

James I

I took a short cut back to the motorway today, but after some careful driving and a lot more mud than I expected Yeti is a bit muddy looking!

I was quite surprised at how good the traction was at one very muddy point, no dramas and all on standard tyres, I am suitably impressed.

Now where is that sponge...

8161264436_41f856a92e_c.jpg

8161264024_4475cc9702_c.jpg

8161231195_876dd33e7a_c.jpg

• Like 1

The sponge is with the Poles, or whichever country your local car hand wash people come from :lol:

I would never attempt to clean mine if it was like that. It would make my drive dirty. (Been there done that :lol:)

I haven't got mine quite so dirty yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Good idea, support the local community for a wash, I think we should get a Yeti muddy meet organised, you are a long way south and me in the north west, maybe a midlands meet at Cannock chase, I think they have an off road type venue, WDYT?

Cannock Chase is no longer used for 4x4 events. Now an MTB Centre.

Oh, how times change. Anywhere else? I will travel, went to Brands hatch for the day last weekend.

The last picture shows how vulnerable the flared rear wheel arch is on the Yeti to debris off the road.

Its a good job Skoda are now fitting the clear plastic protectors!

Not sure how effective the mudflaps are either :giggle:

Thought you might have been seduced by the charms of England :angel:

No chance!!

We left Worcester to come home to Wales in 2003, and no way do we want to return!

James.

Watch the forum.

When I've got the time I'll sort out another Yeti Welsh Adventure.

• Like 1

Same muddy pattern starting though, mud flaps are quite useless as are mine and the rear wheel arches stop any mud leaving around the back of the car.

It is nearly a week now since I went on the muddy lane and still haven't washed it, might get done tomorrow

too right, but it is hard to find mud in London :rofl:

It is hard to find anywhere to go and get the beast dirty (apart from wales as Graham says) The lane I went down had signs everywhere, bridal path to Helsby, it is only because I know the farmer that I knew the lane is actually ok for driving down and it was a different farmer who put the signs up!

I am sure there are enough of us who would go for an off road day out, I have emailed Land Rover at Speke to ask if there off road course is open to anything other than Land Rovers, lets see what I get back from them.

Here is a 'local' well ish pay & play day

http://www.4x4driving.co.uk/ownersdays.html

I went there at the beginning of the year. The Yeti can get round, I think it is the white route, but it will drag its bottom, but it is soft ground so should not damage the vehicle. I went with Surrey 4x4 Response and we had the place to ourselves, which was great. But it did cost more. I've been too busy to try and organise something.

A few of my video's under TheMikeProcter on YouTube were taken there.

This is my local off road pay n play quarry, I have been around in my Land Rover 90 and a Pajero, but it is way too tough for the Yeti! search hill n ditch on youtube..