Skoda Manager/CEO email address?

ivrytwr3

I emailed Skoda over the weekend and got a call back yesterday. Skoda stated they had contacted the dealership and requested they call me back and offer their final stance on what, if anything, they propose to do. Once we/i know that final stance i will be able to decide on a course of action, but all this "we will get back to you" and the calls never came has dragged this out for much longer than necessary!

Skoda also gave me the dealerships MD's email address and suggested i inform them of what has gone on.

Not the best experience considering the only reason i went with Skoda was because of the supposed fantastic customer service!

Skoda also gave me the dealerships MD's email address and suggested i inform them of what has gone on.

Its generally the branch MD thats the problem, they establish the culture of whats acceptable from the underlings.

I doubt they will be bothered but for your sake i hope it gets resolved.

• Like 1

Can anyone name and shame the poor dealers so I know to avoid when I replace my Octy in 2013.

For future reference

http://www.ceoemail.com/

states Skoda UK Alasdair Stewart, Managing Director e.pngAlasdair Stewart

[email protected]

http://www.cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/skoda-uk-appoints-bentleys-alasdair-stewart-as-brand-director/63115

SKODA UK has announced Alasdair Stewart will take over as brand director on May 1, replacing Robert Hazelwood.

• Like 2

thanks for that.

Well an update, this is the email/letter i have sent to Skoda UK who have been helping with my complaint. I sent it yesterday, so will report back when i get a reply:

As requested, I have spoken with my nearest Skoda dealership; Dennis Horton, Lincoln. The dealership stated that they do not have a body shop and utilise Brooklands Auto Body Centre for all body work requirements.

On the 7 Dec 12, Brooklands inspected the vehicle and provided an estimate for the repair of the scratches relating to my complaint. The cost is £1294.20 (please see attached).

As you are aware the pre-sales emails from xxxxxx Skoda stated the vehicle was in “excellent condition” and “as expected as it is Skoda Approved”. The cost of the repair reflects that the vehicle was not in “excellent condition” and Brooklands themselves stated that the vehicle was sold to me in an “unacceptable condition” compared to Skoda Lincoln standards.

I have not spoken with xxxxxx Skoda yet regarding the quote for repairs as I would appreciate some advice on the way forward first. As you are already aware, I do wish to keep the vehicle, but only if the vehicle is presented in the standard I was assured it was initially. If this is not agreeable with xxxxx Skoda then I will have no other option but to reject the car as not as described.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Edited by ivrytwr3

• 2 months later...

Well i got my final reply from the franchise owner and they aren't prepared to do anything, even going as much to say that they wouldn't release a vehicle in the condition described even though i have sent photographs and had an estimate from another Skoda approved bodywork shop.

The dealership was very good when trying to sell me the car, however, the first time i have asked for assistance they refuse point blank. I appreciate they have offered to look at the car for me, but only under their conditions ie return on a Friday only, leave the car with them for the day and they will not assist with fuel costs which is a 6 hour total journey to them and back. I was willing to do this on a weekend as work will not allow me time off during the week as we are very busy at the minute.

To say i am disappointed is an understatement, this is the first time i went for Skoda as they made it sound very appealing - i will be looking to sell the car asap and go back to my trusted Ford Mondeo. I cannot recommend Skoda, especially the dealership:

Simpsons Skoda Colne

Boundary Garage

Burnley Road

Colne

Lancashire

United Kingdom

BB8 8LF

http://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/

Edited by ivrytwr3

it was the best price for the spec. My local dealers were charging more for a same spec vehicle. To be honest though, people buy from all over the country these days, i've known people hop on trains to collect cars at the other end of the country - isn't that why autotrader was invented? To show what vehicles are available nationwide?

Or are you saying it's now my fault because i didn't buy local?

it was the best price for the spec. My local dealers were charging more for a same spec vehicle. To be honest though, people buy from all over the country these days, i've known people hop on trains to collect cars at the other end of the country - isn't that why autotrader was invented? To show what vehicles are available nationwide?

A bit of an other the top reply there :/

oops, didn't mean it to be. Just a strange thing to ask with regards to all the other information posted. What has the distance of the car got to do with it? If i could have purchased closer i most certainly would have done.

So apologies to poster!

Edited by ivrytwr3

I think this "smaller world" we now live in is a double edged sword and, as you've discovered, while the cost to buy can be lower, the cost to get things rectified (or even just looked at) can be significantly higher unless you can prove it's a manufacturing defect and is covered by the warranty whereby you can take it to a local dealer.

Hopefully you'll have more luck with whatever you replace it with :)

Chris

Edited by ScoobyChris
  • Like 1

I think this "smaller world" we now live in is a double edged sword and, as you've discovered, while the cost to buy can be lower, the cost to get things rectified (or even just looked at) can be significantly higher unless you can prove it's a manufacturing defect and is covered by the warranty whereby you can take it to a local dealer.

Hopefully you'll have more luck with whatever you replace it with :)

Chris

This is what I was getting at

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would give you my experience

I bought a 61 plate Skoda Octavia estate from a dealer in the midlands two weeks ago with 19k on the clock I noticed a few days later the clutch was heavy and high,I took it straight to my local dealer who confirmed the same and suggested that it needs stripping out for further investigation

They all want me to pay for it I said I have only done 150 miles in it and it has warranty surely I can expect the clutch to last longer!!!!!

I am in contact with Skoda not getting alot of help from them!!!

Bad service

Edited by davidb1