Skoda Manager/CEO email address?

ivrytwr3

Hey, hey all,

I am hoping someone could provide me with an email address for a senior Skoda/VW figure. The reason being, i have recently purchased a Skoda (my first!) and am having issues which the dealership, in my opinion, is being unreasonable about. I have contacted Skoda customer services who are aware, but it looks like this may end up at Trading Standards etc.

Before i go down that avenue, i was going to try a last ditch attempt with Skoda management to try and resolve this before that route.

Any help would be very appreciated.

You got no chance mate the dealers are fanchises not skoda owned so there is only so much that skoda customer services can do.

And i doubt you will get anywhere or get through their email filtering system even if you could luck out with a senior figures email.

Whats the problem?, Its not Rainworth by any chance is it? Best thing you can do is name and shame if you have a genuine greiveance

people really do come on here when choosing a dealer and i suspect the dealers themselves keep tabs on the pages.

cheers

scribbler

• Like 1

I don't want to name yet as i am hoping it can be resolved! But, i spotted a car i was after and then checked out the dealership online; nothing but positive reviews, so i felt ok to go ahead with the purchase. I spent a week or so emailing/telephoning one of the sales teams and the car sounded good so, 3 hours to get to them and 3 hours back i brought my Skoda home.

Unfortunately, 2 x items i was promised haven't arrived yet and the car isn't in excellent condition as i was assurred it was (Skoda Approved). My main gripe is when i made them aware of my concerns they said they wanted to resolve this over the phone and not via email - promises were made that are still unresolved and they are now saying i have to provide proof of those promises!!

Also, lots of unreturned calls/emails and the original salesman has stopped correspopnding with me and has passed it up his chain.

And lastly, they have stated they will resolve the condition of the car issue, but i have to return it to them - again a 6 hour round trip, a day off work, a few hours to sort the car, and they will only do the work on a Friday :(

Edited by ivrytwr3

What vehicle is it, whats the age and what are the main areas of consearn? The reason i ask this is sometimes when you have

a struggle getting them to do remedial work they basically rush it through and sometimes it comes back worse depending on

the dealer. Like i said these are independent businesses and they can basically do what they like and skoda are generally not

willing to intervene in disputes.

To be honest you have parted with your money on a verbal say so. Unfortunatley as i have found to my cost this is often unwise.

I hope you get the issues resolved but in my experience its best to get any work done up front before taking the vehicle and giving

them your money. Is the vehicle out of warrenty?

• Like 1

Skoda Superb 61 plate. Problems:

a. No radio code despite asking for it prior to purchase and assuring i would receive it.

b. No Skoda umberella and was promised one would be sent out (not a dealbreaker, but would have been 'nice' to have).

c. The most important one - i was assured the vehicle and bodywork was in 'excellent' condition (their words) and had passed the Skoda Approved bodywork check. On the day of collection it was raining and the car had just been washed. I had a quick look around the car, but nothing more :( Upon getting it home and checking it in the dry, the car has several surface scratches and 3 - 4 scratches down to the metal.

They are asking for proof for a. and b. and they want me to take the car back to them on a Friday only, like i say a 6 hour round trip :(

These aren't major problems i realise that and i initially thought, a radio code, a £30 umberella and sorting the paintwork would be painless to resolve; apparently not. I just spent £13k+ and i feel a bit peeved that by thinking i was going direct to a Skoda dealer i would get a better level of service.

Edited by ivrytwr3

Proof for a and b are that you haven't got them - is there a section in the handbook for radio code to be entered?

Like you say, an umbrella isn't a deal breaker but should be included if the dealer agreed.

Could the paintwork damage have been caused during the wash stage? I can't see that a "Skoda Approved" vehicle would be released in such a condition, however we can't see the damage, perhaps you could post some pictures?

Unfortunately not all Skoda dealers are the same, some are way better than others, I appreciate that you don't want to name at this stage.

• Like 1

I can't remember if there is a section in the handbook and i don't have it to hand, but i did specifically ask for it prior to purchase as i fell foul of that on my last motor and not having it when needed and having to pay £x amount!

Umberella, yes the dealer VERBALLY stated they would send me one out when i mentioned it wasn't present.

It is possible that the paintwork was damaged during the wash, but if so, then it was a very clumsy (sp?) guy that did it! (how the hell do you get a scratch in the middle of the roof?!)

Edited by ivrytwr3

I think you can call the dealer that sold the car brand new (should be stamped in the handbook) and they will give you the radio code for free!

Not sure about the brolly though.

As for the paint, get a quote locally and ask if the dealer will settle the invoice for you, no round trip and all that fuel.

Good luck

• Like 1

a. Good idea about the code - will look into that.

b. Me neither!

c. I did ask if i could take the car to a local Skoda dealer (approx 45min drive) or a body workshop of their choice, but this option went unanswered and have been continually told to take it back to them.

My next step would be an email to Trading Standards (including pics of damage), with the garage and Skoda UK cc'd, and then if that doesn't work, a quick email to Skoda garage, stating if you haven't had a reply within 5 working days you will be rejecting the car as missold based on description.

My only concern would be that you had an opportunity to check the car properly, but didn't, so they could simply tell you to do one as you signed for it before driving it away. They'd be foolish to take this stance, however, as word gets around pretty quickly.

As for the radio code, it should be in the radio manual, or as someone else has said, go to the original dealer. They should have it on their computer files.

Umbrella? Tricky one unless you've got it in writing.

The whole saga does sound a bit unprofessional though.

Post pics of the damage and name and shame ASAP.

Good luck :thumbup:

Edited by Jigger72
  • Like 1

My radio code is handwritten on the Book so do have a check it could be on the front / back page or anywhere inbetween.

Failing that like others have said ring the first registered dealer and see if they have a record.

Id give up on the brolly to be honest and hope that briskoda bring one out for the members. ;-)

Paint wise if your dealer are as bad as my local 'Rainworth' then i would send it to a local body shop otherwise you

might end up with a car thats worse than when it went in like my first VRS Complete muppets ruined it. Then send them the bill.

and learn from this mistake. Although don't get put off skodas there are some reputable dealers Horton at lincoln i rate very

highly so far.

Cheers

Scribbler.

• Like 1

It is possible that the paintwork was damaged during the wash, but if so, then it was a very clumsy (sp?) guy that did it! (how the hell do you get a scratch in the middle of the roof?!)

If there's scratches on the roof it could have been caused by those Advertising boards they put on the roof, there magnetic.

My Ex Fabia had roof scratched and they were caused by these boards. Mine polished out,

• Like 1

I'm also having some major issues with my local Skoda dealer whose aftersales "service" seems to be everything but. It does make me wonder about the general customer experience with Skoda as in over 20 years of motoring I've never experienced issues like I am at the moment.

Although don't get put off skodas there are some reputable dealers Horton at lincoln i rate very

highly so far.

Unfortunately these are my local dealer and are the cause of my issues - I'm just glad that you've had good experiences with them!

• Like 1

Also the radio will be comfort coded to the car, if it loses power, when turned on it will recognise that it belongs to the car and be enabled.

I have come to believe that it's the other way round. I had a Bolero (duly coded with the car). I removed this to install a VW RCD310, installed and coded no problem, then realised that I wanted the CDs back from the Bolero (d'oh!). Reconnected the Bolero, not asked for code, and removed CDs. Reconnected the 310, not asked for code.

My belief is that the car's unique ID is coded into the headunit and it's the headunit that looks for matching ID's, not the other way round.

• Like 1

I'm also having some major issues with my local Skoda dealer whose aftersales "service" seems to be everything but. It does make me wonder about the general customer experience with Skoda as in over 20 years of motoring I've never experienced issues like I am at the moment.

Unfortunately these are my local dealer and are the cause of my issues - I'm just glad that you've had good experiences with them!

Ohh thats odd they bendin over backwards for me so far. Don't go to Rainworth then if you have problems with Horton you will get told to do one

in no uncertain terms if your doing anything other than buying a brand new car. I can't stress how amicable Horton have been with in fact im going to right them a glowing review in my official skoda questionaire.

• Like 1

They'll either by ignoring SUK (probably) and waiting for them to have another go at them, or be trying to work out how to do it as cheaply as possible.

Not a good experience - hope things get sorted.

• Like 1

I would go for the above, the dealer principle. I bought a Kia Sorrento and was messed about left right and centre for a few months won't bore you with the details but then told the sales manager I'd had enough of being fooked about and wanted the contact details of the ceo, offered free servicing, any extras I needed etc. Car was picked up from my workplace I was left a courtesy car, valeted serviced and privacy glass fitted and returned free of charge. I've never been back to them since mind you.

• Like 1