Gains on a pd150 turbo

Big deano

If the intercooler is too small for the power your running what would the consequences be? Would you have to take it easy in hot weather? (Not that that's often in this country) :giggle

J.E

If the intercooler is too small for the power your running what would the consequences be? Would you have to take it easy in hot weather? (Not that that's often in this country) :giggle

J.E

You will get heat soak and the ecu pulls back the power etc i think.

• Like 1

A guy on here suggested this <br /><br />http://www.txautosport.co.uk/seat-ibiza-19-tdi-lower-front-mount-intercooler-kit-335-p.asp<br /><br />I think a map to 190 will have to do for now no bout the increase over stage 1 will be good but don't want to push the clutch either
<br /><br />I've just bought this for mine, haven't driven it yet as theres some nigly bits to sort with other things but they said its good for 200-220 bhp, and if u asl for forum discount they give you a 10% discount <br /><br />J.E Edited by jkevs
  • Like 1

J.E

I bought my hybrid fabia off another member on here, and he had replaced a damaged Forge FMIC with the standard side intercooler!!!!

Using the Torque app, it didn't take much to move the inlet temps into the fifties, and hard accelerating easily got 90 inlet! Up hill, I even got 100 degrees

It was basically unusable on a standard intercooler.

Even a standard car will push inlet's up to 70 or 80 degrees (noted on my missus' Ibiza PD130 car), say up hill or prolonged hard driving.

• Like 1

<br /><br />I&#39;ve just bought this for mine, haven&#39;t driven it yet as theres some nigly bits to sort with other things but they said its good for 200-220 bhp, and if u asl for forum discount they give you a 10% discount <br /><br />J.E

So txauto give 10% discount? That's not bad all I'm after is around 200-220 max as I use it a lot and want it to still be drivable

So txauto give 10% discount? That's not bad all I'm after is around 200-220 max as I use it a lot and want it to still be drivable

Exactly the same as me then, i've got a pd150 hybrid, pd160 air intake milltek exhaust and a map, guna get an uprated clutch too I think, may aswell seen as I plan on keeping it for a good few years now after spending all this lol :)

J.E

Exactly the same as me then, i've got a pd150 hybrid, pd160 air intake milltek exhaust and a map, guna get an uprated clutch too I think, may aswell seen as I plan on keeping it for a good few years now after spending all this lol :)

J.E

Lol always the same you never get your money back . I had over double what my fabias got in me scooby but the torque is miles more so don't want massive power to rip the gearbox apart cos I've noticed parts for these arnt cheap lol