Bye Bye Octavia

Mison

I am now in the final week of owning my Octavia. I will be picking up my new Focus Titanium X 1.6 Ecoboost (180hp) next Saturday. I will be sorry to see it go but I wanted something newer and modern with a few more toys.

If anyone wants a low mileage 1.8 TSI L&K it will be for sale at Essex Skoda in Rayleigh soon. I got £6k for it so it will be interesting how much they put it up for.

I am now in the final week of owning my Octavia. I will be picking up my new Focus Titanium X 1.6 Ecoboost (180hp) next Saturday. I will be sorry to see it go but I wanted something newer and modern with a few more toys.

If anyone wants a low mileage 1.8 TSI L&K it will be for sale at Essex Skoda in Rayleigh soon. I got £6k for it so it will be interesting how much they put it up for.

Nice choice.

The 1.6 Ecoboost isn't far of an ST in real world performance but with none of the downsides(insurance,fuel use etc)

I like the look of the zetec s with the body kit on.

I have owned a few ford focus cars in the past all bought brand new and I was looking to buy another new car as mine was over 4 years old but I did test drive the new focus and could not get to grips with the shape or the rear end so I bought a new vrs instead and I just love it.

If we were all the same the world would be a boring place, so I hope you enjoy your new purchase.

Nice choice.

The 1.6 Ecoboost isn't far of an ST in real world performance but with none of the downsides(insurance,fuel use etc)

Disagree. The ST is in a different league for performance.

Good luck with your new car. Personally not a fan of the styling on the new focus; especially the rear lights.

Rear lights not an issue for me as it's the car following me which has to look at them.:-P

• Like 3

Good luck with your new car. Personally not a fan of the styling on the new focus; especially the rear lights.

Rear lights not an issue for me as it's the car following me which has to look at them.:-P

True you cannot see the outside from the drivers seat. I didn't like the current focus when it was released but I've started to like it. A quick drive in the 1.0 ecoboost shows just how good the focus is to drive.

I'm looking at them now along with tunig options. Moutune quote 200 bhp and while it seems low the maps they produced for the st were some of the best and often beat higher powered cars. Titanium x spec is also very good

Why buy the Focus for more toys then the L&K has plenty, what would it have over the Octavia?

Ian

The Focus has a better MFSW, Bluetooth, DAB radio, ipod connection rather than aux in and LED ambient lighting. Downside is the smaller boot but the interior just looks more modern bit I guess it's down to personal taste.

Does it not have park assist too and also recognise road signs ?

Yes it reverse parks itself. Bit of a gimmick i think. It can recognise road signs but it's an option i didn't tick. I just went for 18" alloys.

We have a new Focus at work. Great car. Very modern compared with the Octy.

Times are changing and Skoda need to up their game sharpish!!

Skoda ARE upping their game, with a totally new Octavia due out in early 2013. It's going to be based on the fresh MQB platform just like the new A3, Golf and Leon.

6Z1pP.jpg

We have a new Focus at work. Great car. Very modern compared with the Octy.

I'm too much of a badge snob to buy a ford of any kind regardless of how modern it is. They are decent cars, I've driven a few and was very impressed with the Kuga but I'm a VAG man.

I'm too much of a badge snob to buy a ford of any kind regardless of how modern it is. They are decent cars, I've driven a few and was very impressed with the Kuga but I'm a VAG man.

Badge snob?

Why do say VAG instead of Skoda then?

Now I see you like to think that Volkswagen AUDI Group includes Skoda.

It does but Skoda is the budget brand for tight asses!!

If you like the the VAG group go buy a VW or AUDI.

Skoda is the Ford/Vauxhall etc equivalent.

Audi is the BMW/Merc equivalent .

• Like 1

Skoda ARE upping their game, with a totally new Octavia due out in early 2013. It's going to be based on the fresh MQB platform just like the new A3, Golf and Leon.

6Z1pP.jpg

Time will tell how good it is. More tech will be required.

Dealers will also have to improve hugely. Just my view guys.

Be careful, your not allowed to say that ANY other car is better than a skoda...!'

Really? Never read that in the forum rules...must have to re-read them.

Personally I wouldn't buy a Ford, but that is my personal feelings about Ford., I don't however take away from them that they have some very nice cars to drive and they handle well etc.

Badge snob?

Why do say VAG instead of Skoda then?

Now I see you like to think that Volkswagen AUDI Group includes Skoda.

It does but Skoda is the budget brand for tight asses!!

If you like the the VAG group go buy a VW or AUDI.

Skoda is the Ford/Vauxhall etc equivalent.

Audi is the BMW/Merc equivalent .

I don't understand the point you are trying to make, try articulating better.

I have bought a VW but not because I think any less of the Skoda brand. I had 3 Skodas, an Audi and two VWs before it. I like VAG cars and Skoda is part of VAG group. I don't know about you or anyone else but I bought my Skodas as they were the best car for the job at the time and it's what I wanted.

I think the point is you won't drive a ford because of the badge yet you were happy to drive a skoda despite its badge being worse than that of ford - yes I know they are part of vag but people still don't make the connection. Me, I would prefer to drive the car that makes me enjoy it. At the moment I'm playing the field but having been a ford man most of my life a 5 mile trip in the 1.0 ecoboost engine made me realise just how good the focus is. The suspension and steering are way better than most vag cars.

• Like 3