Fabia Monte Carlo rallyflap kit update

Hmm, without being the bad guy. Can I ask why you like these, I can't see the aesthetic benefits at all?!

same thing could be said about a yellow octavia each to their own i guess

I agree, I'm just asking.

sorry in my case all my cars have had mudflaps just gives that edge but this car (monte) without flaps its the dirtiest car ive ever owned the crap thrown up buy the wheels is unreal (is it the low profile tyres/ stance) and for someone who is not into cleaning anthing is an improvment but having said that in my case it could be an advantage might have a re think

I get that Skoda don't make flaps for the Monte. I know you want to look after your car from the grit and rubbish that gets thrown back! I'm intrigued about the bright red instead of a black? All personal choice of course :)

I get that Skoda don't make flaps for the Monte. I know you want to look after your car from the grit and rubbish that gets thrown back! I'm intrigued about the bright red instead of a black? All personal choice of course :)

Ah know were your coming from now :)

The production one's will be default black unless another colour is requested. The bright red has been used for the trials flaps, purely for ease of drawing and writing on with a marker pen.

TP

They suggest the aprox cost will be as follows;

PVC £64.95

Kaylan £119.95

:rofl: I nearly developed a hernia laughing at that price! If you're concerned about your car being dirty why not just buy the Skoda ones for 20 odd quid per pair front and rear? Worked a treat for me! Or even cheaper ones from fleabay?

Ah know were your coming from now :)

The production one's will be default black unless another colour is requested. The bright red has been used for the trials flaps, purely for ease of drawing and writing on with a marker pen.

TP

Ahh, I totally get it! Yeah, I think black would be much neater! I was just thinking you was going to fit huge red flaps to the car. I appreciate the time and effort you are putting into these.

:rofl: I nearly developed a hernia laughing at that price! If you're concerned about your car being dirty why not just buy the Skoda ones for 20 odd quid per pair front and rear? Worked a treat for me! Or even cheaper ones from fleabay?

Unfortunately the Skoda ones don't fit round the Monte's wheel arch kit, hence this hunt for a viable alternative.

TP

• 3 weeks later...

The flaps are fine, so is the Monte, don't take me wrong.

Just don't think they fit together and especially driving around town.

Those rally flaps would look fitting on a Monte with a wide bodykit covered in mud, that is all :)

Anyways as I said high marks for all the work gone into them :thumbup:

@ThePlumber

I know these are made for the monte but would they fit the vRS?

Just a quick reply; at work/lunch break but yes you should be able to fit these to a vRS, as I did the initial trials on an Elegance spec which likewise has no wheel arch extensions.

TP

Just a quick reply; at work/lunch break but yes you should be able to fit these to a vRS, as I did the initial trials on an Elegance spec which likewise has no wheel arch extensions.

TP

Ah this is good news! I shall be ordering a set then! how do you go about doing this, or will details be released at a later date?

Ben.

• Like 1

Front ones are brilliant! Love them. Back ones I do not like the angle they are installed at. Are the decals painted or vinyl?

Hi,

apologies for the late reply.

The decals are vinyl stick on, believe the company can make various designs if they are to your taste.

Re the rear flaps, then yes they needed a little adjustment, which I've now had chance to look at by elongating the fixing holes. This adjustment obviously will be taken into account for future production.

8688870066_06301d9cd7_c.jpg

8688869458_1cd8340943_c.jpg

8687751179_00179e34f9_c.jpg

8688869934_f72fd65178_c.jpg

8688869770_e11a91a934_c.jpg

Regards,

TP

• Like 1

Hi my name is Rob Perry and are new to the forum, I have a Fabia Monte Carlo and have been following the rallyflap update with great interest.

The price is a bit high but I am intrested in getting some, so when will they be available ?

I also would like thank the Plumber for all the hard work put in on this project.

Regards

RP

• Like 1