Si's disco off roader.

SNH

Said a final farewell to my bmw drifter today as it goes to its new home

70262737-2598-42FE-957F-B62679B31A67-2460-0000010727E18E3F.jpg

5E18956F-3329-4A98-A736-994ADDC779FA-2460-000001072C82CFBA.jpg

Been on the look out for a 4x4 (disco) to get into off roading since the BM was written off as there's a new offroad centre http://desertoffroad.co.uk/index.html http://www.facebook.com/groups/151650011614807/ opened 10 minutes down the road from me.

Spent hours trawling for sale ads and eBay to find one in budget but most were sh1te, infact I won one in Bradford, described as excellent so was a happy bunny. That was short lived as it was rotten as a peach and the boot floor was like Swiss cheese! how it'd just passed an mot is beyond me! Wasted 3 hour round trip aswell, not happy.

Que the hunt again!

Got passed a number of a guy in notts who'd decided to sell his so gave him a call. Sounded promising so went to view.

Turns out he'd stood it on axle stands for 16 months and rebuilt the underneath, the engine, suspension etc, has got most of the offroady bits already fitted that i'd have eventually fitted so happy days :)

Body's not mint but its an offroader and that's what it's been used for and what I'll be using it for. Cash was handed over and I drove away happy.

The green ones mine :)

Spec:

H plate (1994)

200tdi

2.5 diesel

Manual

Mods:

+2" lift

Bf Goodrich mud terrain tyres

Snorkel

36B84165-4C5E-4DD2-8225-C30619811B9A-2460-000000F85AE5FB92.jpg

ADAD7749-B37A-47C9-9AA8-C8E591F56FBF-2460-000000F860F37621.jpg

Edited by SNH
  • Like 1

I'll try :)

It's not bad for a 94 (H) plate, cleaner than some newer models and all the bad rust/rot problems have been addressed on it already which is a major plus point.

If you check the fb page there's some awesome pics (not of mine) but you'll get the gist of where its going lol

I've got a Disco mkI owners book here if you want to PM me your details, I'll post it to you.

They are good, fun cars for the price.

They do rust on the chassis and the boot floor, under the carpet.

But they are easy to get parts for.

Have fun in the mud! :)

I've got a Disco mkI owners book here if you want to PM me your details, I'll post it to you.

They are good, fun cars for the price.

They do rust on the chassis and the boot floor, under the carpet.

But they are easy to get parts for.

Have fun in the mud! :)

Cheers, that'd be brill.

This has had all the rust/rot areas sorted which is one of the main reasons I went for it. Hopefully it'll be solid for a few years to come :)

I've seen some rotters tho while I've been looking.

Fun and games today!.......

Had a water pipe split

B7B15772-A039-413D-AFF2-94A021626D4B-3957-00000204F20D277D.jpg

The cost?.........a massive £1 brand new haha got to love cheap motoring.

Also swapped a few dodgy bulbs for ones that work and had a go at fitting my stereo but alas, poor light and the fact there's no power wire meant that didn't happen! :(

Also noticed today while poking around its had the egr deleted.

Edited by SNH

Looks like someone has fitted a 300Tdi Engine cover to reduce the noise to your 200Tdi.

I forgot to say, avoid Britpart for cheap parts.

Most Land Rover people refer to them as S**tpart because the quality is generally terrible.

Grubby hands already, you are a true Land Rover Owner! :D

• Like 1

Few things to do Saturday (to dark at night now) ready for offroading Sunday :)

Fit front lift blocks (rears already fitted)

Fit new water pipe

Fit new spare wheel carrier to rear door

Fit bonnet pins as I'm sick of looking at that strap

Spare tyre being fitted to spare wheel

Have another go at the stereo

If I have time I'll get it de catted and remove back box and make a side exit up.

Look at air filter lol you'll def hear the induction roar from that :)

I think that filters seen better days tbh lol, I've got a couple of k&n cones in the garage hopefully one of them will fit. Or if I can find a proper end for the snorkel cheap enough I'll maybe chuck one on :)

Did those have cats?

Just looking at your front tyres, there's a stripe worn on each that usually happens when they rub on the guards. Might be worth flexing it up someplace quiet and check clearances before you go and get it stuck.

What size tyres are on it right now?

Just looking at your front tyres, there's a stripe worn on each that usually happens when they rub on the guards. Might be worth flexing it up someplace quiet and check clearances before you go and get it stuck.

The front on beam axle Land Rovers has less travel from the rear, that's not from the tyres rubbing on the wheel arches.

It's possible, but only with rather expensive axle articulation kits.

More likely rubbing along obstacles/pavements.

Yes I have a couple of these. I'd expect to find the problem on the rear where those tyres used to sit.

Rims with more offset (like the white spokes shown)and wider tyres will make them rub the inside of the rear guards with no suspension modifications. You've only got a bit of space over stock width before you need to either pack up the bottomout bumpers or get the hammers out and make more tyre/guard clearance.

Gutter rub looks very different on my BFG's.

Dead jealous!!

Something I would love to get into one day when I have more time and less hobbies!

Always room for more fun :)

There were plenty of good cheap disco's down your area for sale when I was looking. I'll be out Sunday and hopefully get some pics up, hopefully they won't tempt you to much ;)

• Like 1

Did those have cats?

What size tyres are on it right now?

There are some 2" lift blocks being fitted to the fronts Saturday. Tyre size is 265/75/16's

There's no catching so I assume its obsticale rub or the likes?

They do have silly white stripes tho lol