Si's disco off roader.

SNH

Cheers for the heads up pal.

There's that many people breaking them round me that 2nd hand ones a pretty cheap which at the minute is the only viable option for me. I think if I were to buy new then I'd go hybrid :)

Looking good, and glad there ain't a " one life live it" sticker plastered across it :p

more muddy action shots now ;)

Off green laning round Matlock Sunday so I'll get some more pics lol.

No stickers going on here, not even the "you can go fast I can go anywhere" ones :)

Next off-road mod. Get a lower profile rear tow-bar. Removable is good. The factory item is a plough.

Thought about it but I tow a trailer now and again and its never stopped me yet lol

Thought about it but I tow a trailer now and again and its never stopped me yet lol

Mine hasn't stopped me either. But it's carved some serious trenches. I want to make a square receiver type which is tucked up further under the bumper. Just one pin to add/remove the hanging tongue when necessary. The Aussies can buy them off the shelf for a reasonable price. I'll have to make one.

It was fun :)

Just got the other half a mk2 Octavia vrs and I've done a deal on the disco for a car, 3 bike trailer and a bigger quad for the kids so that'll keep me entertained till after my hols then I'll be looking at getting a decent 250cc moto x bike ;)

If all goes to plan there maybe another drifter later on as I fancy a 540 v8 bmw :)

Mate, I am well impressed by your levels of energy and your drive enabling you to do all those projects! Keep us posted as this is well entertaining and informative as well. Be carefull with kids and quads, those machines are mighty treacherous and difficult to control and have a rep for hurting people badly...

They've had a 100cc auto quad for a while but the new one is a bit bigger and at the moment is powered by a 120cc 4 stroke semi auto engine. Currently on the look out for a 175cc 4 stroke engine or maybe a 125 2 stroke moto x engine ;)

Maybe I'll do a project thread on it lol.

I get bored easily so like to swap and change all the time, much to the wife's annoyance :)

That's probably the reason why the new vrs is hers and not mine.

As for the engines, get honda GX family four strokes. Cheap as chips (especially Chinese knock offs), cannot kill them, MASSIVE amount of knowledge and cheap performance parts and range is good as well - from GX120 to GX360. The number is capacity, all four stroke, single/twin cylinder motors. Widely used in karting.