Saw my first rapid today

i think the general concensus is the outside is not to bad and most like it, i know i would not discount it on its external looks

the problem seems to arise when people sit in the car, the majority are not happy with the level of equipment or percieved quality of the interior

on the road the comments seem to be people like driving it BUT would prefer a better range of engines

from what i have seen the cars seems to have been built down to a budget and possibly the wrong things have been compromised to achieve the budget

The problem is SUK put 40% higher price than Czech Republic pricing, Rapid does sell well in Czech Republic,

Even in Germany, the Rapid is 6% less expensive than in the UK, where typically all previous basic level Skodas were 10%+ more expensive than in the UK.

At present, Rapid looks to be a very decent budget car, just SUK forgot to sell it at a budget price. If there ever was a vRS with a 2.0CR diesel, I'd consider it at current pricing levels, but current cabin trim and equipment spec says Rapid = Roomster in more aerodynamic shape, with Roomie being 20%+ less expensive.

Edited by dieselV6
  • Like 1

The problem is SUK put 40% higher price than Czech Republic pricing, Rapid does sell well in Czech Republic,

Even in Germany, the Rapid is 6% less expensive than in the UK, where typically all previous basic level Skodas were 10%+ more expensive than in the UK.

At present, Rapid looks to be a very decent budget car, just SUK forgot to sell it at a budget price. If there ever was a vRS with a 2.0CR diesel, I'd consider it at current pricing levels, but current cabin trim and equipment spec says Rapid = Roomster in more aerodynamic shape, with Roomie being 20%+ less expensive.

Good post.

Think it's a bit ambitious to expect them to bring the prices down by 40% here but 20% seems realistic and that would make it pretty good value IMO.

There are a few ex-demo and pre-reg bargains to be had out there...

Edited by OctaviaT81

I've changed my mind after intially thinking I liked them after seeing one on the road.

There is one sitting in my local supermarket from a dealer and after having a good look close up I honestly do think it looks a bit cheap. I'm one who was very open minded about it and thought it looked good in pictures but not so sure now.

• 2 weeks later...

Was overtaken by a white Rapid going well, rapid, on the M20 last Friday evening near Folkestone and it looked quite smart! Maybe the car is starting to find its feet?

Edited by threadbear

Suddenly in the last few days I've seen four Rapids out and about.

Maybe dealers are doing a little discounting.

I see you've been spending a bit of time on the Rapid forum Mr. Bossfox... are Ladbrokes offering odds on when you'll buy one yet? :)

I see you've been spending a bit of time on the Rapid forum Mr. Bossfox... are Ladbrokes offering odds on when you'll buy one yet? :)

I did ask Preston Motors (some time back) to get a Yellow Elegance in as a Demo so I can buy it after 3 months and use it for the firm... but they seem to think that after me they'll have trouble selling it on. :D

I think it'd look very nice with a set of black alloys and a subtle boot spoiler.

• Like 1

I think it looks smart in yellow, silver and white. Boot spoiler is a must, just need to find one for cheaper than £130 now... Horton do discounts don't they?

My best mate works at a bodyshop so paint will be cheap.