PETROL BLUE

Paul_Bowden

When I ordered my Yeti, back in July, I wanted the Pacific Blue finish, but, because of what I was told would be an exceptionally long wait, was persuaded, without much difficulty, to accept 'Petrol Blue' ('bleu lave' here).

I have to say that, during the waiting time, I was convinced that I would regret the Petrol Blue which, in photos, always seemed a (to me) slightly sickly bluey green.

Just in case anyone else is facing the same dilemma, and because I think that brochure photos don't capture the reality of 'Petrol Blue' at all, I thought I'd take a couple of photos, which are attached (I hope.)

In fact, though, looking at them makes me realise that they don't really get the colour perfectly either! However, I think they give a better idea than brochures. For me, the reality of Petrol Blue is a satisfyingly deep blue from pretty much any angle and in all light conditions, except when bright light strikes it askance and it does have a slightly greener tinge......post-21852-0-99073700-1354718763_thumb.jpgpost-21852-0-03368900-1354718779_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm sure this is very similar to the colour my Octavia was. It looked really good when given a good polish and didn't look too bad when it was dirty

You are so right Paul B, the brochure colour is way off.

Our local dealer had one in the showroom the last time I was in there.

I really liked it. Kind of reminded me of a bluebottle.

I suppose it is very difficult to get it right in the brochure as a printed picture can never show reflected light correctly.

Even worse is the colours on the website.

They all look too dark.

The colour swatches, however, are spot on as they are done with the actual paint but you need to take them outside and into natural light as apposed to artificial.

• 1 month later...

Just picked up my new Yeti Elegance in petrol blue and gobi sand leather. Looks the part.

10 miles on clock. Its covered in snow now so it must feel at home.

Where does I get the wooden dash bits.

Yes Tony it was, I was gentle with her honest, we have a VRS Fabia with DSG which I really like it quick and smooth to change, the Yeti must have a different box, it was smoother and seemed change gear differently, I have to say though when my Yeti gets swapped in August 2014 my next one will be DSG.

Yes Tony it was, I was gentle with her honest, we have a VRS Fabia with DSG which I really like it quick and smooth to change, the Yeti must have a different box, it was smoother and seemed change gear differently, I have to say though when my Yeti gets swapped in August 2014 my next one will be DSG.

Hi James,

yes there different DSG's. The fabia has a 7 speed dry plate clutch and the Yei 6 speed wet clutch.

Hope of help,

TP

Hi James,

yes there different DSG's. The fabia has a 7 speed dry plate clutch and the Yei 6 speed wet clutch.

Hope of help,

TP

Yeti Petrol + 7 speed dry clutch DSG

Yeti Diesel + 6 speed wet clutch DSG

Had both, 6 speed in Octy 2.0 diesel and 7 speed in Yeti. Both great but 6 speed does require oil and filter change regularly.

Thanks James, lovely Yeti, had never driven a DSG box before let alone an Auto.The DSG is so smooth, it is a joy to drive.Dare I say I have been a Toyota man all my life and this is the first venture into Skoda and so far I am well impressed.That goes for the Briskoda Forums as well, a very well run Forum and some well knowledged Members as well

Tony

• Like 1