Did Octavia allready pass the EuroNCAP tests?

The official info about the third generation Octavia is due December 11th.

The EuroNCAP announced new results on November 28th. In the past, they’ve announced new results every 3 months (February 22nd, May 23rd, August 29th) but now the new results are due to December 12th. That’s 2 weeks, not 3 months... And that’s one day after the official info about the new Octavia...

My guess is that the Octavia allready passed the NCAP tests, but they’re going to announce them a day after the official info....

So, is that a long shot or?

I ment the EuroNCAP tests, not the factory one...

Maybe EuroNCAP tested the new Octavia and they are going to publish the results on December 12th.

EuroNCAP will not have tested the car yet, the cars they used are purchased anonymously from the dealer just like you or I would. This way they know they have cars that have not been altered to favour passing the test.

• 4 weeks later...

EuroNCAP will not have tested the car yet, the cars they used are purchased anonymously from the dealer just like you or I would. This way they know they have cars that have not been altered to favour passing the test.

Yes but don't manufactures also opt to get them tested to see if they can make tweaks to then get a few more points at final production?

• 1 month later...

Notice in detailed results how Audi A3 protects driver best against wrapping the car on a tree/lamp, VW Jetta protect less but still adequately, and the Octavia is rated as weak protection against this type of impact. VAG pecking order preserved then...

Notice in detailed results how Audi A3 protects driver best against wrapping the car on a tree/lamp, VW Jetta protect less but still adequately, and the Octavia is rated as weak protection against this type of impact. VAG pecking order preserved then...

Or is that just inconsistent testing? You would expect them to perform pretty much the same way, assuming you are talking about all MQB generation cars. (though I am no expert on this!).

Nope, it seems to be quite consistent, I just looked up an older example on a different platform, old A4/A6, Passat B5 and Mk1 Superb. same result for driver protection.

Why do you cover the same things in multiple posts?! Its confusing. :wonder: Repeated from my other post from your other reply:

But isnt that simply to do with the fact the Skoda's have the increased length. Structurally the cars are identical underneath ie MQB platform cars all use the same cell and materials but the wheelbase and overall length differs.

Discussion moved here, since it is not Octy specific anymore. Vigilante commentards please note time sequence of the posts, first looked at Octy then spotted apparent safety pecking order, followed by a more general discussion in the linked thread. Hopefully clear now.

Edited by dieselV6

Discussion moved here, since it is not Octy specific. Vigilante commentards please note time sequence of the posts, first looked at Octy then spotted apparent safety pecking order, followed by a more general discussion in the linked thread. Hopefully clear now.

To me the Octy 3 is looking as though its going to be my next new car purchase (in one guise or another) and with the fact it'll be ferrying the family around I naturally took a look at the crash test results - I thought they were pretty impressive, certainly not below the class average in any specific area and I still say that a bigger car ie being surrounded my more metal is better overall. :)

The Octavia 3 results are weak in one specific area, side pole impact yields weak upper body protection. Click "pole" on the NCAP page quoted to get the picture. Other results are indeed good.

Quote straight from NCAP page:

"However, in the more severe side pole impact, dummy readings of rib compression indicated weak protection of the chest."

Edited by dieselV6

The crash test video makes interesting viewing. Always amazes me how quickly the airbags deploy when you watch in slow motion.

Also, the intrusion from the pole impact doesn't look too 'deep' into the car.