Felly 1.3 pinch bolt

Any fastener shop will be able to sell you one that will do the job, I think they are M10, not sure of the length - get the strongest bolts (12.9) and all will be well. That with a nyloc nut on it, job done. My local one is Allfix - www.allfix.co.uk , I'm sure there are plenty around the country who will have one on the shelf for you.

As long as the unthreaded portion isn't going to come into contact with the threads of the nut (which I'd doubt, but easily checked in situ) then it won't make any odds. I'd think the one you have will be OK, but I've not got a Felicia any more to check!

I'm generally not a wrong 'un but I nicked my pinch bolt (and nut) from B&Q 'cause I was genuinely offended buy their extortionate prices. I can add these to my list of :- tennis balls from Woolworths (when it was going), rain repellent from Halfords (accidentally nicked) and hand sanitizer from the Co-Op as again, I was offended at the priced, but it was OK because I did actually buy my lunch at the time.

Erm... anyway, point is you can get the bolts from B&Q, other DIY shops, whatever; dimensions as stated by other members

Cheers for all the help fitted the one pictured and seems to have stopped any play in the hole the bolt that I got was from a local supplier but just did not have the correct shoulder length but the one I took out was the same apart from the nut that did not have a washer on it I also got an exploded copy of the hub and other parts from the dealer and also a list of some part numbers would these be any help on here or could someone tell me where I could post them cheers

Can I clarify something important regarding the B&Q suggestion above. Most bolts at B&Q are cheap "common" bolts, you can tell these as they have no markings on the bolt heads. This type of bolt is not high tensile and should never be used for safety critical work such as a ball joint pinch bolt or any other suspension related work for that matter.

The type of bolts you need should be marked 8.8 on the head or above, nuts should be marked with an 8.

Edited by favguy
  • Like 2

I agree with favguy, you need high tensile bolts for suspension and braking components. Even better is to actually go to the dealer and get the correct oem parts if possible, they aren't even expensive, I've lost count of the number of times I've posted the part numbers for these bolts up on the forum, I'm sure the search function would find it...

I reckon we should have a thread for useful part numbers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Evening peeps just quick update think me needs a replacement near side hub still getting the knocking any idea where I can get one or am I best getting a new one

Or also i did get a high tensile bolt not one from b&q lol

Edited by greengoddess69

No I forgot but I only noticed the pinch bolt was wrong when I looked at the other side and saw one was different looking.So that was the reason for the pinch bolt.As the ball joint was lose in the hole on the hub so now I suspect that the hole on the hub is out of shape and this is the reason for a new hub sorry for the confusion.

Can I clarify something important regarding the B&Q suggestion above. Most bolts at B&Q are cheap "common" bolts, you can tell these as they have no markings on the bolt heads. This type of bolt is not high tensile and should never be used for safety critical work such as a ball joint pinch bolt or any other suspension related work for that matter.

The type of bolts you need should be marked 8.8 on the head or above, nuts should be marked with an 8.

Told :rofl:

Hi teflontom that's fine I think i will have to go to motor hog and get one cos there not any scrap yards near me anymore but thanks anyway don't you just hate bodgers if you need to do a bodg to get you out the **** then great but do it wright in the end all to save 70 pence