Silver Octavia Mk2 VRS

martinr

I thought I'd start a topic of my newly purchased 2.0TFSI VRS.

Its a 2006, non maxidot model. Its fitted with a basic stream headunit.

So far I've added rubber mats all round, boot liner and LED interior lights. I'm planning on changing out the indicator bulbs for clears and removing the stream unit for a DVD / ipod unit. Only small mods, but then I've only had the car a week and trying to keep it 'standard' for as long as possible.

Here are some current pics after a quick clay bar and polish -

octavia3.jpg

octavia2.jpg

Octavia1.jpg

My major visual annoyance at the moment are the black reverse sensors, so one of the first jobs will be to get them colour coded.

Added a few small bits this morning :

The first was the Superskoda climate rings

1-8_zpsb86d4d40.jpg

They are simply a friction fit over the plastic OEM knobs. I like the finished look as it as some silver detailing to the lower part of the dash.

I also added a VRS chrome effect gearknob insert, led bulbs to the doorcard lights, silvertech bulbs to the front and rear indicators, 2nd boot hook and a new skoda 'midi' roof aerial.

One item I bought but sadly doesn't fit was a superskoda engine oil cap. The site stated it was for Octavia II, but it appears not to fit the recess on the 2.0TFSI. So that will end up on the Briskoda classifieds.

Nice. Does the oil cap fit if you remove the rubber surround?

Well this is what I have at present. There doesn't appear to be a rubber insert anywhere, so whether I should have one thats missing off the cover.

engineoil_zps83bc1dae.jpg

And here is a photo comparing the two caps. The new one is clearly the wrong shape, so I guessing its for one of the other engine options within the skoda range.

IMG_6865A_zps44f8ea47.jpg

IMG_6864A_zpsa77366f2.jpg

So if anyone knows what octavia engine this fits it would help when advertising it.

Also thanks for reading my car diary. I know I've not done much yet and as mods go none are very exciting yet, but I wanted to start logging changes now as its easy to forget the things we've changed over time.

Good news, just booked the car in to have a new stereo fitted tomorrow. I know its not an OEM unit but it does all I require and at a good price. I'll post some installed pics up tomorrow

AVH-X2500BT_angle2_zps389ae9aa.jpg

Yesterday I had the skoda non mp3 stream replaced by something a little more usefull. I opted for a pioneer AVH-X2500BT which has a parrot bluetooth connection, DVD, ipod connection in the glove box and iphone / android apps / sat nav connection.

Overall I'm very pleased with the install. I always knew the unit would look small compared to the skoda OEM / columbus equivalent, but wanted the option to move this unit to future cars / non vag.

The piano black looks great and the display colours / buttons can all be changed to suit the skoda dash light colours.

pioneer1_zps6aaac55a.jpg

pioneer_zps9f913449.jpg

Looking at adding a reversing camera next, but wanting a subtle unit that sits in the numberplate light and provides a good picture.

does the head unit pick up the reverse censors or climate controls?

The unit doesn't pick up the reverse sensors, however the old unit never as it looks as though the sensors were an aftermarket addition buy the previous owner. The climate isn't transferred either, but to be fair it only replicated what was shown below so I kind of though the climate bit was pointless anyhow.

I will add the camera for reverse, so the unit will assist my parking

• 4 weeks later...

Replace your parking sensors with these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reversing-Parking-Sensor-4-Sensors-Audio-Buzzer-Alarm-/330340144598?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4ce9ce95d6

Number 5 is a exact match for the silver, I should know, I have the same car as you :rofl: 2006 silver VRS

I lasted two weeks before modding-

Shark stage 1= 252bhp, 315 ft/lbs of torque

Evom cold air induction with engine cover

Audi S3 front brakes (345mm disc's, massive)

Milotec front grill

BSH catch can

Up-rated revision D divert valve

LED'S all round

SS cat back exhaust

Bilstein B8 dampers with H&R lowering springs

Retro fitted Bolero

Retro fitted parking sensors

S3 WALK kit

I'm sure there is more.

Defiantly the best colour

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A couple more from the same shoot. Roll on the summer when the mods can continue.

2013-03-04111520_zpsd4fabc4a.jpg

2013-03-04111348_zps94f61e8e.jpg

I really like the zeniths and normally I'm the first to swap out a set of alloys. So a refurb will keep me content for a while.

Thanks for the info regarding the oil cap, I'll have to add that to the classifieds if its for the diesel.

• 1 month later...

Hi just wondering where you got the gear stick insert? I like yours with the vrs symbol on it! Mine is looking a bit worn and want to replace! Hope you can help.

Thanks Ed.

• 11 months later...