Exhaust options - Opinions wanted and welcomed!

vrs oh yes

Nothing sinister - just asking as you put you were not sure which way to go to get 200+

Ah ok cool... Yeah I just meant which way to go to start with.

i.e Generic map and save the pennies for later or to go exhaust, fmic and custom map with the other bits and pieces I have waiting to go on.

End result will still be bigger turbo etc so I've pretty much decided no point spending the extra money on a custom map for now.

I found it a nice stepping stone to have a remap first and foremost, then start adding the air, exhaust, FMIC bits as and when you can, then top it off with a hybrid and custom map :)

Great advice Trebor, just how I've pretty much planned it :thumbup:

I have a Piper exhaust and decat, it sounds far better than standard and the turbo seems to spools a bit more freely.

With maps though I wouldn't recommend AMD, from what I've heard, their maps aren't the best and are more designed to achieve top end big numbers.

I've also heard from a lot of people their customer care is very poor. They care about the money and not the customer.

I ran a Magnex system on my fabia with a bespoke decat pipe. Sounded awesome on full chat.

I have a fabia vRS Piper turbo back system that has been slightly customised to fit my Roomster Scout. Sounds good "around town" not too lairy.

No idea what it sounds like from outside, I'll wait for some footage from Castle Combe in April .:thumbup:

I ran a generic AmD remap on my fabia for around 90k miles with no issues. I had it re-remapped by Turner Race Developments in Stroud as part of my hybrid package and it drove a lot more like a petrol and held the torque a lot further up the rev range.

Ask T.Spark his thoughts as he owns the car now.

where are you getting £210 for a Piper downpipe? your being robbed, Piper are on the forum and sell them for about £185 delivered. I would always choose a branded downpipe over a custom one, IMO of course.

Edited by DanHam

I am going to pop to piper today and see what they have in stock. I am interested in the downpipe/decat. Thing is 200 for the decat then 300 for the shark map and im back up to £500! thats almost the same as a milltek cat-back with live amd remap and dyno time!!

I cant speak for other parts by other companies, but there was a world of difference between the fit and finish of my Piper vs my Miltek. The latter was harder to fit and to get to sit right. Whereas the piper went straight on, finish is great too.

+1 for the piper

• Like 1

Ask T.Spark his thoughts as he owns the car now.

U'd have to ask the Clio 182 owner once he catches up his thoughts too ;)I wasnt going steady today for the most part, 40mpg+ over 25 miles = win.On my Ibiza I ran a generic remap for a few years and as above just added bits as I went. I run a hybrid on the Ibiza now, and the Fabia and the Fabia still has a standard downpipe and exhaust and its fine.The only reason to swop exhausts is sound below 250bhp+ imho.

• Like 1

I'll be placing my order on the 2nd for the Cat back - Fancy helping me fit it Trebor!? The usual drive way garage?! ha

(Already have the Piper de cat and the fitment and quality was second to none)

No problem! That system will be awesome - will be a bit jealous!

U'd have to ask the Clio 182 owner once he catches up his thoughts too ;)I wasnt going steady today for the most part, 40mpg+ over 25 miles = win.On my Ibiza I ran a generic remap for a few years and as above just added bits as I went. I run a hybrid on the Ibiza now, and the Fabia and the Fabia still has a standard downpipe and exhaust and its fine.The only reason to swop exhausts is sound below 250bhp+ imho.

That thought is always in the back of my head when I think about the exhaust, I keep asking myself is it really worth spending £180 on a down pipe for nothing other than noise. I already have a mufflerectomy too.

I doubt the downpipe would create any extra noise over a mufflerectomy in fairness.

Hell I ran an standard downpipe at 240bhp and 480lb.ft.....

I would have thought it would since its removing the cat?

Thanks dark_hero, shall be on the list to do in the new year!! Looking forward to starting the list, just not looking forward to the cost... Lol

its worth it. :) Your only I. Ashford right? I'm only in lydd so can take you for a little spin if you like?