Should i ?

furby-le

Being as im not getting much interest on here with my fabia vrs se (not advertised it any where properly yet being xmas and all) im toying with the idea of trading it in and getting a new fabia vrs. Think this is a good idea? Ive seen a few horror stories about oil consumption etc but my other car choice is a renaultsport megane F1 230

Should have posted this in the Fabia 2 section really as there are a few there who have swapped to the darkside :giggle: who could give you an opinion.

I would ignore all those oil usage issues as they are just a small percentage of MK 2 vRS owners and many would have trouble free ownership. Go out and test drive one to get an idea if you can live with the DSG and al those other differences.

As for the Megane... joshH had a Ibiza FR and sold it and replaced with a Megane F something and sold it within weeks due to the cost of everything, so think carefully... better the devil you know, the grass is greener on the other side, or any other saying you wish to add!

Why do you want to get rid of your SE?

• Like 1

The only reason its up for sale is because i got a new job which is 2 miles away so im not benefiting from a diesel. Id also like something a bit bigger and petrol turbo. I love my se and i might end up regretting selling it but at the moment ive got the urge for something new. I can understand the renault costing more to run in general but i bet it would be fun, if only for a short while.

Hi, I have just taken delivery of my 2nd Mk Vrs Fabia, and its an absolute darling of a car. The engine has oddles of torque and with the DSG gearbox as standard it drives very well. The handling on the Mk2 is better and the ride comfortable which is unusual for a very warm hatch.

Go for it !!!!!!

Its up to you. If it was me and I was doing serious motorway style miles I'd stick with the Mk1 myself.

It just seems to love cruising in 6th at serious speeds.

I would feel that the smaller petrol wouldn't deal so well with large amount of miles ( as diesels are supposely renowned as mile eaters).

I'm kind of in the opposite situation, just gone from doing that with my Fabia (now 100K) and change of job has me doing very little miles I could probably use a smaller petrol instead ! Its a bit grumpy about being stuck in crap congestion and wants to be driven properly

I would feel that if you were constantly in congestion the petrol would be a better choice

If you're no longer commuting when will you drive the new car?

Do you currently ever just go for a drive?

And on those drives do you go "boy do I wish I was in a better car than this Fabia?"

I think I'd want a better car if I WAS commuting miles rather than if I was walking to work and had a nice brand new car left on the drive way everyday.

I'd take the Renault personally- looks much nicer for a start. Imagine it would be more desirable in the future too/better resale values. And it's got a proper gearbox too.

Plus, how often do you hear people raving about the Fabia II as a driving proposition compared to the RS offerings. . . speaks volumes in itself IMO.

I still drive to work as i have to drop my daughter off at nursery and pick her up, otherwise id bike it. I dont really have the time to just go for a drive although i do take trips into wales to see family/ use my parents holiday home, so it would be nice to have an enjoyable drive. I looked at the mk1 focus rs which i really like, the mk2 st is way too thirsty with the 2.5l engine. Just thought i might get a better px price for mine at skoda rather than a normal garage

It's been modded mate :( very quick though !

Thats a shame. Not a Fan of modded cars unless i know the owner and whats been done, i think certain cars shouldnt be messed with to retain there originality