New updates for Fabia 2013 Mk2

Cheers Andy for that info. Mine is due into the dealers this coming week but I too am waiting for march 1st to collect.

A scout estate though rather than a vrs. I can't decide whether i prefer the old or new badge tbh.

Sounds like ours are arriving in the grey arae between the old and new badges. Lucky dip!

New steering wheel design on new badge cars aswell

my gearbox leaked oil on my first journey away from the dealer last november when it was brand new (thread on here). After two weeks in a hire car they finally replaced the input shaft seal. I saw the car as used and requested a suitable refund, they seemed more happy to order me a replacement car, i was happy with that and now it has arrived!!!

Andy

I remember that thread now, glad you have everything sorted now :-)

fabia-ae2-black-roof-montecarlo-01_zpsf9d24dee.jpg

fabia-ae3-head-lamps-and-fog-lamps-montecarlo-01_zps99cb938a.jpg

fabia-ae6-sunset-montecarlo-01_zps5e2f27fe.jpg

fabia-ae7-engines-montecarlo-01_zpsa043a13c.jpg

fabia-ai4-door-sill-strips-montecarlo-01_zpse98ec4f2.jpg

fabia-ai2-leather-components-with-red-stitching-montecarlo-01_zpsab4bdfbb.jpg

fabia-ae1-design-montecarlo-01_zps045398c0.jpg

Me n the Mrs have got a red 105ps TSI Monte Carlo on order for build week 9 & will be more than happy with the mini facelift, combined with the maxi dot the new steering wheel and gearknob really brings a more modern/quaility look about the interior, not sure of the "SKODA FABIA" badges yet but there easy changed, loving the new logo though.

Its the unseen things that are changed with these update/facelift models that makes all the differance usually, I'll see if I can find out more details as to what has been changed..

Cheers

Ewan.

Me n the Mrs have got a red 105ps TSI Monte Carlo on order for build week 9 & will be more than happy with the mini facelift, combined with the maxi dot the new steering wheel and gearknob really brings a more modern/quaility look about the interior, not sure of the "SKODA FABIA" badges yet but there easy changed, loving the new logo though.

Its the unseen things that are changed with these update/facelift models that makes all the differance usually, I'll see if I can find out more details as to what has been changed..

Cheers

Ewan.

I think this update is all visual, to bring the fabia up todate with brand update as seen on Citigo rapid and octavia.

Had been a bit miffed we missed these updates by two months. Original speculation being they would come in WK45 and our MC was built WK46/47. However I'm now strangely going the other way and pleased we haven't got them.

With the new corporate all models the same badging, gear stick, and steering wheel designs, the updates seem to have made the Fabia loose some of it's own personal character and the new Skoda badge design is very Opel/Vauxhall :S

TP

Had been a bit miffed we missed these updates by two months. Original speculation being they would come in WK45 and our MC was built WK46/47. However I'm now strangely going the other way and pleased we haven't got them.

With the new corporate all models the same badging, gear stick, and steering wheel designs, the updates seem to have made the Fabia loose some of it's own personal character and the new Skoda badge design is very Opel/Vauxhall :S

TP

I think the badge would of work if they stuck to how it appears on their documentation (ie green centre)

TP

'Vauxhall' was my first thought on seeing the new logo too! Hope its not on my new one. :sweat:

The fabulous fabia deserves better.

Cheers

Ewan.

Just to clarify, is the MaxiDot included in this facelift or did you add it as an option?

Just spoken to dealers. Very happy my new car has arrived and has the old badges :rock:

Dealer says the cars coming in now are a bit of a mix now between the 'classic' badges and the 'vauxhall-a-like' new badges (he didn't use these terms)

Roll on march 1st!

Picked up my replacement car today, all seems good and got the old style badges too :happy: (was build wk04 so close shave!)

My previous car had dunlops and this one has conti's so happy with that too.

Andy

Re: the new badge debate I agree with this post from another thread:

New badges rock, end of story for me. The previous design now looks fussy, noisy and old fashioned (in a negative way). And one thing that people don't realize is that the current badge is far more original than the previous since it was the first winged version since 1926. That is heritage.

However I do think they fit better in with the newer cars and the new design language (Citigo, Rapid, Octavia 3)...They just look a bit "slapped on" on the Roomster/Fabia.

Re: the new badge debate I agree with this post from another thread:

However I do think they fit better in with the newer cars and the new design language (Citigo, Rapid, Octavia 3)...They just look a bit "slapped on" on the Roomster/Fabia.

It's all down to personal taste. For me the 'old' badge with its splash of colour was more akin to the bmw and alfa romeo style, it had a stronger identity and a sportiness. Now it looks like most other 'family' brand cars on the road, most notably vauxhall.

Heritage smeritage

• 11 months later...
32KOFDATA, on 05 Feb 2013 - 14:35, said:

Pic of the new steering wheel from a Monte. Looking good. Still no flat bottom though. Maybe for the vRS eh eh?

imagec4899b62a69678f108.jpg

Same as my monte's steering wheel

• 2 weeks later...

Great, my replacement car is due in Feb and I don't like the new badge!! Sounds like I will have 'skoda' written across the back and a new VRS badge as well - like it how it is at the moment to be honest. Had assumed that this would come in with the fabia replacement and not with 2013 existing fabias.

Andy

Very strange why buy a skoda then if you ashamed of the badge, having skoda on my new fabia im very proud of it in fact they can put skoda all around the cars and they are still better than even a bmw.

I'm not mad on the new badges, they match my black wheels and look nice there.

But as an identity for Skoda I preferred the green.

I remember when I saw my first mid-spec Rapid with the new badge I thought it looked terribly bland and low rent.

Go with the times, things move on, that's exactly why Skoda are wanting to update the range, make them more modern and current.

If all the Skoda execs were like you's then we'd still be driving rear engined Rapides and considering the Felicia to be 'too out there'.

I can't believe people can actually get worked up and upset over a badge or how they write 'SKODA' on the back of their cars, crazy.