Octavia VRS Clutch pedal stuck..HELP please

Hi all, need some much needed help :-(

Was on the motorway, came against a type r, was in 3rd, tried going into 4th, the gears crunched, and the clutch pedal is now stuck..The clutch pedal can be pulled out easily, but when pressed in, does not come back out..The car does not go in any gears when switched on, havent tried when switched off..What could be the problem??? :'(

Any replies are appreciated :)

Sounds like master/slave cylinder. I would check for fluid leaks mate especially on top of the gearbox. Will be brake fluid as this is also used for the clutch aswell as the brakes

^^ i agree, it could be a clutch hyraulics issue as stated, there is also a hard steel pipe that goes along the bulkhead which transfers the cutch fluid from the master to the slave cylinder which sometimes causes issues.

failing that it might also be caused a colapsed release bearing which could turn out to be quite expensive

I cant see any of the pictures in the link..But A black plastic bit has fallen off, and ive had a look above the pedal, and behind where the black plastic bit seemed to be, is something white and plastic.. What is this black plastic bit??

if the rectangular piece that holds the white clip has fallen off then you are going to need a new clutch pedal. the black plastic rectangular insert sits inside the square bit on the pedal and the white plastic piece pushes into it... basically this is the connection between the pedal and the clutch master cylinder pushrod and they are an absolute royal pain up the japs eye to replace.. you will probably have to completely remove the clutch master cylinder to get enough access

This happened to mine resulting in an AA recovery. Take the pedal off ( 10 minute job ) get the small box section which holds ( held before it split ) the plastic bit fully seam welded at a light engineering shop. This will be far superior in strength than the original spot welded rubbish. The replacement is the reversal of removal with added difficulty of having to work on your back and upside down. Its doable if you have patience. Hope you get it sorted. Mine cost me £10 for the weld and has been fine since ( 5 years )

• Like 1

I had this with my first octy back in 2001 it was a 1.9 SDI and one of the rods at the gearbox kept snapping and the clutch pedal stuck to the floor and had to phone the AA this happend 3 times and eventually skoda recalled the part and a thicker rod was then used and the problem never arose again

Definitely clutch pedal, the plastic bit you see sits on top of the bit that has failed, it presses a switch above the pedal on releases. It's a small tack welded square that breaks off allowing the slave actuator shaft or whatever its called, come right up through, thus not resisting pedal. these are 20 quid from dealer.

Havent been to the garage yet, will be going tomorrow, however ordered a clutch pedal off a breaking Octy Vrs, for £18 inc delivery, good price? Is replacing the pedal hard and expensive? :)

the pedal itself has the broken bit and is only £20 from main dealer new with the warranty

I assume for £18 it has the frame/springs and everything? This is the thing sometimes its always worth checking dealer prices as on ebay some stuff really aint cheap

I hope so lol I did say i need the whole clutch pedal assembly, will be seeing when delivered whether it is the whole assembly :( lol Would you know what part it is that i need, if i need to go to the dealers? Part Number, or picture? :(

A fiddly job indeed. Ability to stand on your head in a confined space helps. I used cable ties to compress the pedal spring to make refitting easier and then snipped them off afterwards. The white plastic clip can be a bugger to get off the ball joint too - perserverence and a bit of brute force required.

haha, yup on yer head indeed and in need of 3 hands.

I opened bleed nipple on slave and pushed the rod in, then pulled it out after wards (resealed nipple immediately of course