Most annoying things on your Superb

totally agree with the fuel tank capacity issue-355 miles is my best, the maxidot said there was none left and I only managed to get 55 litres in. means you are never away from the petrol stations.

The vibration from the engine between 1500-2000 revs, it drove me up the wall.

i was driving the perfect car apart from that dam vibration from the engine.thats why i sold my perfect car.

bill

Did my solution not work Bill?

hi Jake

Afraid not Jake i tried so many things too try and stop the vibration but nothing worked.really liked the car as i said it was perfect in every way other than that vibration.someone offered the right money so i sold it.

i will still be coming on the forum.

i have bought a new mk2 ford kuga after looking round all the different dealers,awaiting delivery end of may.

bill

totally agree with the fuel tank capacity issue-355 miles is my best, the maxidot said there was none left and I only managed to get 55 litres in. means you are never away from the petrol stations.

Im the opposite im afraid. I like the fuel tank capacity. My average distance between fill ups is 650 miles from my Greenline. Its doesn't cost a fortune to fill up and saves carrying around extra fuel weight. I owned an Insignia back in 09 and that had a 70 litre tank. I remember filling it up for the first time and it going strsight past £90. Stil only had the same range as ny Greenline though.

Most annoying thing on my Superb is the fact that 21º and 22º are so different to each other. Its like the increment has been set wrong.

ok here are my main hates, the a.b and c pillar are too big, the auto lights are a bit sensitive, it has no rear wiper, the visibility is a bit poor all round, it is a bit hard to park, trying to get the in fuel pump took a while to get used to, the throttle peddle (as with most vw cars) is mounted on the floor, i prefer it on the bulkhead, the gear change recommendation is a bit strange, it wants you to change up gear to early presumably to keep revs down but drops the car out of its turbo band at the same time, and there arn't really that many on the road either

but those are really niggles and i think its a great all round

the a.b and c pillar are too big

I have on occasion lost entire vehicles behind the A pillar when turning which, on one occasion, lead to a rather hair-raising moment.

it has no rear wiper

Should have bought the combi :giggle:

I have on occasion lost entire vehicles behind the A pillar when turning which, on one occasion, lead to a rather hair-raising moment.

Should have bought the combi :giggle:

the estate had no vat deal and it was more expensive less economical and even more bigger, there was no way i was getting one of them Edited by racing boy

Absolutely the car, but a Few of minor niggles:-

1. The basic sound system seems to lack bass, even when you position the sound system towards the rear it is weak.

2. Can't seem to set the reversing miirors correctly, even though I follow the manual to the word.

3. Climate only goes down to 18 degrees, its either too warm or cold.

Other than than that absolutely fantastic car.

COLUMBUS COLUMBUS COLUMBUS...........

This is my third Skoda with this unit.

First car (now belonging to my wife), is on its third unit, previous Superb had a replacement within 2 years and current superb 's unit has thrown two wobblers in the last month... WORRYING!!

Skoda should get its supplier of these units to issue a recall on this great but unreliable system.. I note that this weeks Auto Express has a letter from another owner voicing concern.

• Like 1

On my 2nd Superb no problems with 1st one with swing radio but the new columbus is quite possibly the most annoying thing i have ever used. I have had it 4 weeks it has "crashed" 6 times it is booked into the dealers to get inspected.

On my 2nd Superb no problems with 1st one with swing radio but the new columbus is quite possibly the most annoying thing i have ever used. I have had it 4 weeks it has "crashed" 6 times it is booked into the dealers to get inspected.

Unless it is not working when you get to the dealer they will not want to know. With my wife's Octavia I left the engine running the last time when I returned to the dealer just in case it re-booted and started when I turned the ignition off and on again!

The unit in my last Superb failed totally and it was an immediate replacement. God knows how many reconditioned units there must be going around. I wonder if the units replaced under warranty are "exchange" units?

Here is my list in order of annoyance.

1: The air conditioning makes a weird noise. Been to the dealer three times and they said they changed a part, but it is still there albeit intermittent now.

2: The steering wheel is slightly off centre and as a result the car also pulls slightly to the left. Not fixed under warranty.

3: The supposedly upgraded hi-fi sometimes rattles the speakers in the doors depending on the music material.

4: The magnetic brown metallic paint seems to be very soft with a very contrasting white undercoat. I shudder to think how the car will look in three years time.

5: Seems to need cleaned a lot more than my last two silver cars.

6:The DSG lets the engine rev up to 4500 (just before the red line) sometimes before it changes. When I accidentally missed a gear on my manual Passat and it went over 3500 I used to crap myself and yet on this car is designed to do so.....I think.

If this was a post entitled 'Most enjoyable things about my Superb' The list would be much bigger than the above, so 'all in all' I still think it is a great car.

Having just got round to loading up my hard drive with music I find it annoying that I can't swap between folders if, say, I don't fancy listening to Milli Vanilli's greatest hit I can skip to the next folder and listen to The Best of Sonia instead.

If there is that option I can't find it. Also whilst I'm on the subject of music the "mix" option doesn't seem to work for me. It carries on playing the music in a particular folder , and not mixing it up.

I haven't taken my car in to the Garage to get the Columbus looked at. I have tried a 4GB standard SD card instead of the 32GB SDHC card I was using. Since I have swapped it over the unit hasn't crashed once. I think that the Columbus promises so much but fails to hit the mark.

ASHFAN you need a track in the root folder before all the other tracks and engage "MIX" on that track. Another reason I think its a not very user friendly device. Also it might not like your penchant for 80's pop. :giggle:

Having just got round to loading up my hard drive with music I find it annoying that I can't swap between folders if, say, I don't fancy listening to Milli Vanilli's greatest hit I can skip to the next folder and listen to The Best of Sonia instead.

If there is that option I can't find it. Also whilst I'm on the subject of music the "mix" option doesn't seem to work for me. It carries on playing the music in a particular folder , and not mixing it up.

For mixing, put a single MP3 in the root of the SD card, insert it and while it's playing, select Mix from the menu. It'll then mix from all the folders on the SD card - provided the option to "Scan, Mix ..... from subfolders" is selected as well.

Edit - just saw someone else has answered this :thumbup: (I need more sleep)

I wonder if the voice command 'next page' might work for the folder skip. Reading the manual it seems it might do it with 'Up' and 'Next page'. Might be worth a go? If I remember I'll try it next time I'm in the car. Oh wait, I don't have any Milli Vanilli or Sonia. There any torrentz about? :bandit:

....Found some "Bros" - that'll do.

Edited by Yearofthegoat

I wonder if the voice command 'next page' might work for the folder skip. Reading the manual it seems it might do it with 'Up' and 'Next page'. Might be worth a go?

Voice command 'next folder' works for me for folder skip

On a more serious note thanks for the answers. I keep forgetting about voice commands

BTW how do I edit posts. The option for me is greyed out

On a more serious note thanks for the answers. I keep forgetting about voice commands

BTW how do I edit posts. The option for me is greyed out

You can edit for only a limited period after posting (an hour, I think).