columbus

hows it going , have a fabia monte csrlo and looking to upgrade my standard swing radio to a columbus radio sat nav etc!

does anyone know if it is a straight swap and is it compatable and is it safe to get one off ebay ?

would be greatful to get information tanks

I dont think anyone has got one to work successfully in a Fabia MK2 or Roomster yet. The problem is the Fabia uses an older version of Canbus (V1.6), but the Columbus requires a newer version (V2.0). There are adapters available to convert between the protocols, but at least one member here has tried, and gave up trying to get the Navigation function to work. The columbus relies mostly on speed pulses from the car, these are normally sent via canbus to the Columbus. The Fabia cannot do this, so you have to rely souley on GPS which is only periodically updated to confirm position.

Got Columbus and Bluetooth working fine on my 2010 Facelift Elegance. No issues and the whole lot took about 45 minutes to install after doing the research. You do need a VCDS cable to get directions on the MFD if you have one, but if you don't have an MFD I imagine it would just work fine without any coding at all (bar a fault code along the lines of 'module not coded', but probably not a biggie).

P1030732.JPG

I dont think anyone has got one to work successfully in a Fabia MK2 or Roomster yet. The problem is the Fabia uses an older version of Canbus (V1.6), but the Columbus requires a newer version (V2.0). There are adapters available to convert between the protocols, but at least one member here has tried, and gave up trying to get the Navigation function to work. The columbus relies mostly on speed pulses from the car, these are normally sent via canbus to the Columbus. The Fabia cannot do this, so you have to rely souley on GPS which is only periodically updated to confirm position.

If this were the case surely the Amundsen wouldnt work either; which it of course does