Remap with "EGR off", Question

Adam_

Hi there

My car is standard and I have been looking at remaps, I have seen a remap for the BLT engine which states "165 bhp EGR off"

I have not had my EGR removed and was wondering if I was to go ahead and do this remap would it bring up any Fault codes or would the engine management light turn on?

Thanks

I asked via Email and this was the reply.

"We only disable the egr in the software which means if you ever mechanically blank the egr it will not give any warning. If you leave your car standard it will work as normal"

Having read on the forums about remaps and the BLT engine that there could be an issue with Engine management light.

but not 100% sure as I'm new to all this.

I think they just raise what the car is expecting so it never reaches this value so you'll be OK. Its the ASV which is plugged into the loom, the EGR is vacuum controlled from the vacuum box on the suspension turret.

Thanks for the reply, Don't really understand it though :/

Think I might go for it though, Just need to find my ECU number now.

As said they turn the egr off in the software so that it reduced the disadvantages of having an egr. People say it gives makes the car run better.

if you decide to remove the egr with a egr delete then you still won't get the EML come on because its been removed (software). but you can still drive it with the egr (hardware) left on and it'll be fine.

As said they turn the egr off in the software so that it reduced the disadvantages of having an egr. People say it gives makes the car run better.

if you decide to remove the egr with a egr delete then you still won't get the EML come on because its been removed (software). but you can still drive it with the egr (hardware) left on and it'll be fine.

Thanks, I think i'm understanding it a bit better now.

I am a bit slow on the uptake sometimes. :blush:

The ECU number can be found using MPPS cable/software. Is this by any chance a Blacksmoke remap. As said the EGR off is only to delete/stop the error codes in the software which will stop the dash lighting up. It is possible to "turn down" the EGR volume using VAGCOM.

Yes that is the one I have been looking at.

Suggest that you go on their site and look at the instructions - they suggest the MPPS method instead of the Galletto method as there is a recovery option if you make an error.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/252771-black-smoke-remap/

They have a good reputation on many of the VAG forums out there - try google.

• Like 1

As above, I've recently had a Shark stage 1 remap and I had the EGR taken out of the system at the same time. I'm waiting on my EGR delete pipe from the group buy to turn up, but I've been running with the EGR still in place for a while now with no issues. Plus I now have no BLT stutter!