body wrapping a Vrs - Colour choice etc ; )

Phil your car sucks :D (hes a real life buddy... so dont flame me please ;) )

I was considering getting my octavia done in a gloss finish carbon fibre weave, i dont particularly like the matt finish.

couple of quotes ive had are from £1300-£1500, but it protects the paintwork and im "told" a decent job should be good for 8-10 years.

One thing i didnt consider though untill a wrapping place near me mention it is try not to go from a dark color to a light color and vice versa if u can, other wise after a while your car will start to look like a spotty teenager after a few stone chips :D

Edited by Craigt191

Why so keen to change an already quite rare colour ? Why not just tone it down with the matt battle ship grey or a grey carbon fibre wrap on the bonnet , roof and tailgate , with the antracite wheel colour ...or better still wrap the again the bonnet,roof and tail gate in an antracite wrap same colour as the wheels ....leave some of the yellow on the car. Yellow and black has been done already ( quite decent looking to boot).

Phil your car sucks :D (hes a real life buddy... so dont flame me please ;) )

Cheeky Bugger!

I was considering getting my octavia done in a gloss finish carbon fibre weave, i dont particularly like the matt finish.

couple of quotes ive had are from £1300-£1500, but it protects the paintwork and im "told" a decent job should be good for 8-10 years.

Take a look at monsterwraps craig as they currently have a new gloss carbon fibre that they are the only ones who make, looks strange at first but may be awesome, its on their facebook page.

One thing i didnt consider though untill a wrapping place near me mention it is try not to go from a dark color to a light color and vice versa if u can, other wise after a while your car will start to look like a spotty teenager after a few stone chips :D

Defiantly agree with the dark/light colour, my green car took a battering from a stone on Saturday and how has a giant black hole on the bonnet! disappointed but that's life.

Ive seen a BMW 3 series estate which was gloss black with Matt black down the swage lines, looked amazing. Black shows all the muck so not for me but might be an interesting twist on the Anthracite if done Gloss / matt

Edited by Stuart_J

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on this Martin?

Sort of!! ...............

I was expecting redundancy around September, but following announcements last week I should find out my fate on 4th March. (99% certain to go though)

I was going to wrap it and lower it on a brand new set of KW INOX Variant 1 coilovers and then enjoy it for the summer/Autumn - but this now seems a bit pointless, when in all probability I'll need to start doing big miles again 6 months earlier than expected : (

It's not all doom and gloom, as if I get a new job quickly I'll have a nice financial cushion and probably buy a new car anyway (well, nearly new) but it will be a diesel.

I started another thread, basically asking peoples views on whether they thought it would sell easier 'Yellow' or 'Wrapped' and the majority vote was 'leave yellow'

I don't want to do anything that'll make it harder to sell, so I may advertise it on here saying... 'with the option of a free body wrap in a colour of your choice'