Bluetooth coding help

60vrs

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the best place for this but...

Love this forum it has helped with a lot of my questions both before and after I purchased my fabia.

I recently installed a Bluetooth module based on the fitting guide on this forum however I need some help to code it so it can display in maxidot is there anyone in the CRO vicinity or reasonable driving distance who can help with this?

Thanks

Daryll

Thanks for responses.

It's really funny I cannot seem to get mic to work either though I can receive and make calls and stream BT.

MOIST I was hoping it would be plug and play as well got the 5ko unit. And swing

Pansom thanks for linky most useful.

Daryll

Update just had a look at the back of the swing and it would appear that there are not pins all the way along the top of the unit so on way to connect mic to pins 1and7 or am I missing something.

Please help slowly going insanepost-98984-0-64579600-1358448585_thumb.jpg

I have the exact same problem i have the bluetooth working all showing on maxidot, can make and recieve calls and can hear them but the mic is not working

why are cars so annoying sometimes i work on them all day so i guess i should know but this is just frustrating are there different link leads that go between radio and BT unit?

• Like 1

i will get one tomorrow and post it up i seem to remember seeing some wires going in to none pinned holes on the back of the stereo but cant imagine why that would stop the mic working as i assume that would be wired in to the BT unit itself

Update just had a look at the back of the swing and it would appear that there are not pins all the way along the top of the unit so on way to connect mic to pins 1and7 or am I missing something.

Please help slowly going insanepost-98984-0-64579600-1358448585_thumb.jpg

The mic pins should be attached to the current loom. If you're handy with soldering you could do that yourself, but first google it up which wires you'd have to fiddle with. I got my kit from carsystems.pl that included an "in between" loom for plug and play.

now the only thing i can see that could be my problem is the two sets of black and clear wire pairs that appear to go nowhere as there are no pins in the radio

The swing does work with bt.

Pretty sure that others who have retrofitted bt did buy a harness that was plug and play along with the module.

I would recommend you guys to do the same. Carsystems.pl surely have that kind of harness available.

ha ha success turns out the loom i have is for a radio with voice removed the two sets of black and clear wires joined them together and bobs your uncle one fully operational BT system

J18vrs that's really good news could you please let me know exactly what you did so I can try the same..

Thanks glad you sorted yours out.

Edit pics would really help

Edited by 60vrs