Suspension Help

Shamus01

Hi guys, I'm new here and to skoda's and was just looking for a little help.

I recently bought a Fabia VRS which had been lowered by the previous owner, I need to raise the shocks a bit and have taken it to my local garage who has said he can do it but he says he needs the original measurements from arch to center of the wheel or floor to center of the wheel in order to set it up properly.

Does anyone know what these are or where I could find them, I have searched the forum and Google but had no luck

Thanks for any help guys

Shamus

I never thought about it that way but yes, it's just what the fella asked me. All I really need is the difference between the front ride height and the rear, as the front has to be lower but he doesn't know by how much. The last thing I want is the back end stepping out and rolling it.

Why not nip along, complete with measuring tape + paper + pencil, to your local dealer and check a couple - is not is no good check up the cars in a car park, there are lots of VRS's out there. Discount the "low" ones though!

Is he doing a wheel alignment on it?

Or just adjusting the coilovers higher?

If hes not doing a wheel alignment then he wont need those measurements.. he just needs to measure the floor to arch on yours + make sure its level.

Standard they are level so as long as its level when lowered it will be fine ;)

And the rear is very unlikely to "step out" on a fabia as its got a big lump in the front + its fwd..

To be honest I didn't think it was a problem and would have just done what you said, but he made me worried saying about the back end sliding. I'll tell him to just make it level. Thanks for the replys guys.

If you still want figures.

Just been out with a tape measure, mine is standard Vrs and from floor to centre of arch going through wheel centre measures 645mm on 3, except for osr which is 625mm but has full tank of diesel!!!