Wish you had waited?

estorilblue

Do any Citigo owners wish they had not bought so early after seeing the Citigo sport?

Me, I'm not that fussed by it. Aside from the seats it doesn't look to much different. Quite keen to buy the rear diffuser though! ;)

Haven't bought a Citigo for myself but if I had then yes I would have wished I had waited as I think the Sport looks much more appealing inside and out (including the seats!)

I looked at a local dealers specced up Citigo SE with black wheels, skirts e.t.c. and it was very nice but way overpriced with the dealer fit options added however this could hit the button...

Edited by OctaviaT81

I totally agree with MickA. Having downsized, saved a pot of money in capital cost and depreciation, I find my Citigo is exactly what it claims to be and is unpretentious!

Now Bossfox's Citigo-Go is a totally different matter!!!! :rofl:

Quite happy with mine - does everything I wanted and more. Will keep for three years and then upgrade to one which will be even better than than this. Changing to the Citigo has saved me a lot of money and I've enjoyed every minute of driving it.

Guest Tsi Fly

Happy with my order, I'm not a big fan of go faster stripes myself. I prefer the more subtle Monty Carlo look but each to their own.

I think any time you buy a new car there will always be an element of 'I wish I had waited' . Face lifts and model variations are part and parcel of the industry and it would not be difficult to get totally stressed out on this one :rofl: . Just love the model you have and stand by the initial choice you made, it was a cracking car then and still is today...enjoy!

• Like 1

When i bought my Smart diesel 45 bhp in 2009 i knew a 54 bhp model was coming out 2 months later,but it would have cost me an extra £2000. That was £1000 more for the car,because it had the uprated engine and built in sat nav,and i would have got £1000 less for my part ex, so i did not wait.

As it turned out i made the best choice,because the 54 bhp model has had nothing but problems,mainly with a loss of power.Driving at 60 mph it suddenly has a power loss and the speed drops to 20 mph.Not very good on the motorway with an LGV up your rear end.It has taken them months to work out a fix for the problem. Thank goodness the 45 BHP car has never had this fault.

I do agree that most times it is nice to have the latest model,but seeing as there are always new cars coming out,you would never buy a car if you always waited,unless you buy a Morgan which hardly ever changes.

I wish I had waited for the CitiGo eqiuv of the Up! GT. I.e the 110bhp engine :-)

But then again theres no guarantee there will be

^^^^ what he said. :)

y

You'd just rip the guts out of it anyway :giggle:

I love the look of it.

After having looked at the Up/Mii/Citigo, I went for the Mii with Vibora Negra styling pack. Had the Citigo sport been available at the time I bought I think Citigo may well have one out.

Never mind, there's always next time, but on that front the VW Up! GT is a big temptation. I'm crossing my fingers for a Skoda vRS/Seat FR version, though I don't think either of those will happen :(