Flashing brake lights and hazards under emergency braking

I've just been looking at a similar thread over on the Octavia forum, and whilst searching for evidence of this 'feature' discovered it is available on the Fabia too.

Emergency braking activates the 'flashing brakelights' and as soon as the car comes to standstill the hazards are then turned on automatically...

How do you activate it ?

Find someone local to you with VCDS (there is a map of VCDS owners in my signature) and they can activate this, normally all that is activated from the factory is the hazard warning lights (if anything)

I activated it but havent had it working... ive tried though :(

I think you really have to be doing an emergency stop. As in doing a decent speed and push the brake as hard as you can! Don't be shy with it! It can be very easy to not press very hard on the brake and feel like you have due to the car stopping quickly but in actual fact you haven't pressed as hard as you could to trigger ABS etc.

Phil

From the Fabia's Owner's Manual...

"The brake light flashes automatically in case of an emergency braking at speeds greater than 60 km/h or with the intervention of the ABS, which lasts longer than 1.5 seconds. After the speed was (is?) reduced below 10 km/h or the vehicle was stopped, the brake light stops flashing and the hazard warning light system switches on. The hazard warning light system is switched off automatically after accelerating or driving off again"

Mine was already set so pressume this is standard if you want to see it work travel at 70 and slam brakes on works then. Driving a b road and helpfull local decided his sheep should be walking across road on the exit of a corner

The only car I have had this work on whilst driving was a Citroen Pluriel, had to stamp on the brakes when some quick change pedestrian crossing lights went to red. It's OK if someone is not too close behind you but if you are braking hard enough to activate the lights then you probably have rear bumper damaged as well!