Drivers seat

Hello boys and girls,

Just wanted to ask a question - have a 12 plate VRS and when I got it I noticed the drivers seat squeaking every now and then. Mainly when going over bumpy roads, or speed bumps etc - have got a little worse as I have owned the car. I haven't put extra weight on so don't think it's that lol!

Just wondering if anyone else's car has this issue at all, or is it just a "characteristic" of the car? :)

Thanks!

It is drivers side.

Had a look when I got in last night. The back of the chair feels a little loose, or just like it's got too much play in it.

Will let you all know what happens after it's been looked at :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty sure its the frame, some welding has come loose or frame has broken somewhere. Make sure you don't take to some bonehead who will not remove the upholstery before welding, catches fire like a match :)

Not noticed this on my Skoda yet!! Had it on a Mk 2 Mondeo.......new subframes were eventually swapped out FOC. Interestingly, my mate worked for a Ford dealership at the time ,and looked it up - apparently it was only to be replaced if the customer complained twice about it....which I then did!!! No recall, but complain twice and it got swapped out!!

Pretty sure its the frame, some welding has come loose or frame has broken somewhere. Make sure you don't take to some bonehead who will not remove the upholstery before welding, catches fire like a match :)

Haha thanks! Will be going back to the dealers so would hope they know what to do :-P

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 year later...