Its here !

Not the best picture granted, i'll get some better ones when the weather picks up and i can get it cleaned and sealed with a wax or something... got some bits n bobs for protecting the interior too.

Dealer forgot to put the boot net in but they are sorting that out for me... all in all very happy with it and looking forward to living with it for the next 4 years.

This may sound like a daft question and i will consult the manual (cant believe i said that !) but how do you get the Bolero to play in a random mode from an SD card? I've tried the mix button but it doesnt seem to do anything and just goes to the next track of the same album.

Cheers, Nige

• Like 1

it will only mix what you've selcted i.e. That album.

To mix all best to play the whole folder. Atleast its how it works on the ipad via mdi. If that makes sense.

I did once have a youtube video showing how to do it.

http://www.facebook....elevant_count=1

Not the best picture granted, i'll get some better ones when the weather picks up and i can get it cleaned and sealed with a wax or something... got some bits n bobs for protecting the interior too.

Dealer forgot to put the boot net in but they are sorting that out for me... all in all very happy with it and looking forward to living with it for the next 4 years.

This may sound like a daft question and i will consult the manual (cant believe i said that !) but how do you get the Bolero to play in a random mode from an SD card? I've tried the mix button but it doesnt seem to do anything and just goes to the next track of the same album.

Cheers, Nige

What boot net? Is there one as std?

I think you can get it to play random tracks by having a single song in the root folder, start playing that and then press the mix button. May be worth a try if nothing else.

Ian

This works! I tried it at the weekend and now don't need to consider an MDI.

What boot net? Is there one as std?

There is in the estate. Hard to tell on the phone if that's what the OP has.

I didn't know, asked the dealer for one, and found another under the boot floor so I have a spare one kicking around in the garage.

Thanks for the comments and replies guys...

The dealer called to ask if i had looked in the spare wheel well... i'd turned the car upside down and there is no boot net... it doesnt come as standard in the hatch (which is what i have) and i added it as a cost option when ordering the car. They are sorting a new one via the parts desk and posting it out to me this week - all sorted :D

Thanks for the tip on the SD card and having a track on the root... i did work out this morning while sitting in traffic all the way to work that the mix option does only mix that album and not the whole lot so i'll give this a try (as per above it sounds like it works a treat)... at the moment i have a ton of albums on the card so having all the tracks on just the root will do my head in and i'd have just left it as is if it didnt work another way.

The colour is steel grey metallic, its a medium grey with a heavy blue flake so it looks like different shades depending on the light conditions, i think it was a new colour to the range towards the 2nd half of last year.

Other options are xenons, maxidot, auto lights / wipers and dimming mirror and the infamous boot net ...lol

It does feel good to be back in a Skoda though, the Leon this replaces was a good car but the quality of the overall package is miles ahead.

Cheers, Nige

Tried the track on the root of the SD card and it works a treat... with mix selected it will play 2 tracks off each other album in a random style. If you then interupt the mix by searching and selecting a track yourself it will revert back to only playing tracks from that album.

One other thing... it may just be ice blocking the nozzle but in case it isnt, how easy is it to adjust the washer jets for the windscreen ? the drivers side sprays fine but the passenger side has one hitting the windscreen and the other shooting over the car !... it saves me using the rear wash wipe function but its a bit irritating ;)

Thanks, Nige

Lovely, really nice, and must be one of the very last Mk2 vRS's of the production line! I must admit Icant make my mind up on the steel grey colour, its a rare colour and sometimes I think it looks really nice other times it looks drab, maybe like you say in yoru post its more to do with lighting conditions? Either way, awesome car, enjoy your motor! :hi: :hi:

Lovely, really nice, and must be one of the very last Mk2 vRS's of the production line! I must admit Icant make my mind up on the steel grey colour, its a rare colour and sometimes I think it looks really nice other times it looks drab, maybe like you say in yoru post its more to do with lighting conditions? Either way, awesome car, enjoy your motor! :hi: :hi:

Thanks James... you are right about the colour... in the pic the lighting is poor and from a phone so it looks like a relatively normal grey, i definitely wouldnt have picked that colour had that been the case ;)

In the dealers when i first saw it (under the halogens) it looks like a medium grey with a heavy flake in the metallic, i've only seen one other in this colour on the road since and it looked very blue.

The Leon this replaced was Nayara blue which was a light silvery blue which would change shade depending on conditions... i have a soft spot for those sorts of colours :D

Once the weather sorts itself out and i get chance i'll get it properly cleaned, give the paint a good check over and get some proper protection on it. I'll also get some better pics to show the colour off better.

Cheers, Nige