Dealer Discounts on Yeti L&K

scottpcs

You haven't met my local fella then. Lovely bloke but a couple hundred quid off and a promise of a phone call after he'd had time to see if anything more could be 'squeezed' out....... followed by no phone call. Hence going to Marlborough Skoda and getting a couple of grand off.

Well guess he won't meet his quota then....you are right to go elsewhere, as i would do.

Br

JeZ

Try Marlborough in Isleworth, they matched DTD price and some for me, I traveled from Glasgow for the car and would have no hesitation dealing with them again such was the saving and their service, yes they were a bit slow in keeping me up to date with build week but nothing a phone call or email didn't sort.

Bought my last three cars south of the border, Bolton twice and London, Scottish dealers will just not get there with the discounts, even second hand cars are more expensive in Scotland.

Edited by servicepoint

Just to add a litle more meat to the bone. These days, the so called "profit" in a new car is not just a % of the MRRP, which on some makes can be as little as 5% but is more to do with volumes. It is not uncommon for a dealer to "loose" money on a deal (ie: sell at a discount which is less than his % profit margin), just so he makes his monthly/quarterly manufactures sales target, which can be very substantial - that is why it always best to negotiate a deal based on two criteria.

1) Always, if possible buy a "stock" vehicle, as the dealer would have more than likely already paid for it or will have to within a certain time frame, or one that has been allocated to dealer (assuming the spec is what you want). The dealer will want to recover his outlay asap.

On that topic, not many people know that most dealers (especially the smaller ones) finance their stock on credit. I once purchased a car on HP credit only to be initially refused, because the credit check revealed that the finance on that particular car had not been cleared by the dealer (it was a brand new Subara Impreza Turbo).

2) Try and buy at the end of a month or better still at the end of the quarter months (March, June etc), as the dealer will want to reach/exceed his target.

Having said all of this, I do not always listen to my own advise, as I purchased my Yeti Urban in May with no p/ex and very little discount (£350). Why? because I am very impatient, and my local dealer found me an un-allocated white diesel (although I wanted the petrol version), with 2 weeks delivery. As there was only 750 Urbans being made (all now sold I notice), I done the best deal I could and went ahead to avoid the 3 month wait.

Also, the dealer was able to supply me ex vat, as my wife is disabled, and her particular disability entitles her (or me) to vat free new car purchases (not motability). Not all dealers are aware of the law on this subject, but after many, many vat free purchases, I class myself something of an expert now, and usually have to explain the procces to them. The vat free concession is on top of any discount you can negotiate and also applies to all factory/dealer fitted options as well. Factor in a typical 10% discount on the basic MRRP on top of the 20% vat savings, and this adds up to a big saving and could mean little or no loss in a couple of years time when selling, especially on a low depreciating car like the Yeti.

If any disabled members (or who have a disabled partner) want advise on how to go about vat free purchases please feel free to PM me.

Andy

• Like 2

Try Marlborough in Isleworth, they matched DTD price and some for me, I traveled from Glasgow for the car and would have no hesitation dealing with them again such was the saving and their service, yes they were a bit slow in keeping me up to date with build week but nothing a phone call or email didn't sort.

Bought my last three cars south of the border, Bolton twice and London, Scottish dealers will just not get there with the discounts, even second hand cars are more expensive in Scotland.

I bought my first yeti through marlborough (via DTD) great discount and good service but when I went back for my current yeti their best offer was 8% which I could match locally.

Skodastore gave the best discount of 12%, my local dealer wouldnt touch that but I was able to match it elswhere by ringing around.

I didnt pursue the skodastore offer so dont know who the dealer was.

I notice that DTD are offering 11.5% discount on Yetis now, had an email this week from them see below.

Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI CR [140] SE 4x4 5dr

£18,765

Save 11.5%

My first post I ordered my first Yeti 3 weeks ago : 1.2 petrol S spec and both local dealers would not budge off the screen price, chiefly as they could not get one before mid March. I looked at drive the deal and they could beat it by a few hundred. So I tried the What Car Target price service . In the magazine or on the website they have a target price for every vehicle on sale and they say you should not pay more, if your dealer won't match they will find one that will. So I called and next day they came back with dealer prepared to knock £1400 off ,exact spec and colour and would deliver despite the 140 mile distance, a right result for me and no fee. As it happens the local dealer called the following day and lo and bedhold was also able to do the same deal so it's worth a look . It's being built first week in March so will probably pick up in April rather than blow the tax for March I can't wait

• Like 1

My first post I ordered my first Yeti 3 weeks ago : 1.2 petrol S spec and both local dealers would not budge off the screen price, chiefly as they could not get one before mid March. I looked at drive the deal and they could beat it by a few hundred. So I tried the What Car Target price service . In the magazine or on the website they have a target price for every vehicle on sale and they say you should not pay more, if your dealer won't match they will find one that will. So I called and next day they came back with dealer prepared to knock £1400 off ,exact spec and colour and would deliver despite the 140 mile distance, a right result for me and no fee. As it happens the local dealer called the following day and lo and bedhold was also able to do the same deal so it's worth a look . It's being built first week in March so will probably pick up in April rather than blow the tax for March I can't wait

Well done. Almost forgot about the What Car "Target Price" facility.
  • Like 1

Have just spoken on the phone to sales manager at Simpson's of Colne re swapping my beast for an L&K: he wouldn't give me any indication of sum to exchange but told me to get some other offers and go back to him for him to try to beat them! Bit difficult, if everyone plays that line and it's a major expedition to visit more than one dealer from where I am! However, I'll be at MSB Darlington on Wednesday to have my replacement satnav aerial fitted, so I'll see if they can offer a solid price and decide if it's worth pursuing; common sense says stick with what I have for another year until I've seen facelift, but of course sum to exchange will be greater then.

Interestingly, sales bod at Colne reckoned he could get any L&K Yeti (petrol or diesel) by the end of March. Plausible timescale?

Interestingly, sales bod at Colne reckoned he could get any L&K Yeti (petrol or diesel) by the end of March. Plausible timescale?

I'd love to be proven wrong but I'd say that's a very ambitious timescale.

The L&K only became available to order from 21st January according to one dealer and if that's the case then all L&K's at present are being factory built to order. There certainly won't be anything at the docks until end of March at least I'd say and that's going on the basis of an 8 week build time.

Unless build times tumble in the next month or so from the quoted 12 - 16 weeks then I can't see any new orders being fulfilled until mid-late April at the earliest?