Tyres: Falken ze914

Chan110

Hi

I am picking up my new Superb nx Tues 29th Jan.

Very excited abt it - and also being my 1st Skoda ownership.

Just started to look at wot i need to keep her happy.

Already scouting for used winter alloys / tyres - not much out there :-(

And maybe a Tyre Tree - to store the alloys/tyres.

Anyway, the Superb is a bit low on tread,

thinks most of her tyres are 4mm,

one is 3mm.

Planning ahead i may change all fours by summer time.

Been looking at what to buy.

Dont fancy paying anything above £80 (let alone £100+) -

since already in debt with car purchase, extended warranty, major service/parts etc

and then being hit by an insurance hike of £72 by my existing insurer :-(

I would like to go for a branded but certainly not budget tyres (nor China solid-plastic last for ever type!)

I like the Falken ze914

Seems cheap enough (the last i checked)

Sort of above average good brand with pretty good grip in dry/wet conditions as well!

Can anyone recommend (or un-recommend) thm?

Thks all.

• Like 1

Might not be many Skoda alloys around at the moment. Not sure if you would consider Audi/VW wheels of correct fitment. There have been a few nice sets of 16 & 17 inch Audi fitment on flea bay recently. Set of four 16 wheels complete with winter tyres went for £205 last week. Set with decent summer tyres went for £130 today.

You may need to check with insurer to see if they would charge extra for non-Skoda wheels. Emphasize that they are from VAG group and they may not charge extra. Adrian Flux insurance was no extra cost.

Good hunting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to resurrect the thread, but I am looking at getting these and would appreciate any feedback on wear from members that have them. These are C rated as opposed to F rated, like most 225/45/18 tyres.

I have run HS449 Falken's over winter and have been impressed with there performance, but being F rated on wear, they have worn more than the Conti Winter Contacts 830's I had on my Octavia 4x4, with about 7mm left after 6000 miles.

Cheers