Yeti flexing around doors

kimosabi

Hi All, onto my 2nd Yeti. My first one a 1.2tsi was really quiet and seemed structurally very rigid with very little wind noise or flexing of the cabin. When I purchased my 2nd one (2.0 tdi 4wd) I was immediately surprised by the amount of wind noise, cabin noise and lots of door rubber squeaking when I diagonally cross onto a driveway. Its almost like its got half the welds or thinner steel compared to the first. I know this sound ridiculous but even my non tech wife commented on the difference. Anyone else out there noticed flexing/door rubber squeaking?

I know Diesels are noisier than petrol, the tyres are skinnier and a lower profile but this does'nt explain the flexing noises.

Hi All, onto my 2nd Yeti. My first one a 1.2tsi was really quiet and seemed structurally very rigid with very little wind noise or flexing of the cabin. When I purchased my 2nd one (2.0 tdi 4wd) I was immediately surprised by the amount of wind noise, cabin noise and lots of door rubber squeaking when I diagonally cross onto a driveway. Its almost like its got half the welds or thinner steel compared to the first. I know this sound ridiculous but even my non tech wife commented on the difference. Anyone else out there noticed flexing/door rubber squeaking?

I know Diesels are noisier than petrol, the tyres are skinnier and a lower profile but this does'nt explain the flexing noises.

I have the same problem and its never been solved. Been to Skoda service many times and they just respray the seals with a silicone lub. Creaks come back within days.

In my case Gummi Pflege works...but only for a short (albeit longer) while.

If you live in a wetter (more humidity environment) you will be less susceptible to the problem. Here in Tours, the seals dry out quicker (less rain) and the creaks come back.

Bloody annoying.

If you solve the problem, please let me know.

The squeak.

The are previous threads on this, the rubber door seals need some lubricant.

I used the Mer polish version of Armoural or Back to Black (the stuff you use on the black plastic).

There are also black plastic bump stops on the doors, you could try playing with these so the rubber is compressed a tad more (don't go mad otherwise you will have to slam the doors to close them).

tom

Edited by Sanqhar

I suffered from this and Gummi Pflege cured it. The reason it comes back (I believe) is that wax from either car shampoo, aqua wax or wax on a cloth is getting on the seals when the car is washed. Use Autoglym or a shampoo without wax in it and, if yours is like mine was, the creaking will not reappear.

• Like 1

@kimosabi, have the same problem like you on my rear right door. Posted my problem here on the forum (silicon spray didn't help), claim the problem at the škoda serbia head dealership, but so far they did not try anything to solve the problem, accept to file report to škoda factory, status quo. Squeek continues....

I had a new 1.4 TSi (with 1200 miles on the clock so not sure about he washing causing the issue?) just after Christmas - only had it for the day but it seemed noticeably torsionally less rigid than mine. It was massively noticeable driving, at an angle, onto and off of my driveway. This doesn't fit with the above observations though as mine is 4wd and that was fwd only.I thought if anything, mine, with the panoramic roof would be bad in this respect but the thick glass panels and bracing beams actually seem to make it stiffer than the standard sheet metal roof from what I've experienced. Overall I found the 1.4 was slightly quieter in the back btw (probably due to no 4wd running gear running underneath) but that there was more frontal noise coming through ie wind and engine noise, at higher speed. The engine was a great little thing though! :-)