i applied for the army today ..

tashauphill

Good few years ago , SIL made a cartoon . At that time there was an ad on TV showing "Frank" enjoying all of the army pursuits -ski ing holidays etc. It showed "Frank" having a great time. SIL 's one showed "Frank" in the queue at the jobcentre, having been made redundant. imilar picture today - MOD are making thousands redundant ,whilst looking for more recruitment.

The ones in Viz showed Frank going to the VD clinic, freezing his arse off on a field deployment and getting drunk - all very good observations.....

i meant to add ,that at that time SIL was in REME ,and daughter was in catering corps . Her recounts of training are as per preston's .

I have served 20 years and joined when i was 16.5. Best thing ive ever done, 3 Iraq tours, 2 Afghanistan, Bosnia, Germany, Cyprus, Kenya. Joined the Medics and trained in operating theatres. Civllian qualified and gauranteed a job when i leave.

You say you will be a courier.....Translated into Driver then. At least you will get your driving quals out of it though.

Good luck with it all and milk them for everything you can as they will get theor money worth out of you.lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still in, joined the Royal Engineers 19 years ago and traded as a City & Guilds carpenter and Joiner so I have something to fall back on when I do leave. Definitely worth thinking about getting a trade if you can ie. RE, REME, Signals etc. just remember you have to take the rough with the smooth. Good luck anyway.