BOGOFF on Halfords Ultra, Extreme and Super Brilliance Bulbs

stever750

Guest BigJase88

Halfords headlight bulbs dont last at all!

Im now rocking £1.19 neolux ones from eurocarparts and they are better and last longer :o

I've just bought a set of Ultra's (+120) for my dipped beam. Had the +50's in my old GSi for years and never had a failure and the boy has had the +90's in his Astra for must be at least 2 years now and still OK. Was a bit alarmed by the reviews of them not lasting and was going to go for the +90's but hopefully with the ammount of driving I do (night/poor visibility) they will last a couple of years at least.

That'll be more of us getting dazzled by inappropriate bulbs then.............

I tried the dipped ones in my previous octy, frankly a waste of money. Tried the Philips xtreme main beam bulbs, ended up with s bizarre pattern. Probably not worth the hassle tbh, just accept the vrs has **** headlights

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Got the Xenon Xtremes in the Ordi, they are the brightest of the non HID bulbs I've ever seen but the beam pattern is bit odd.

Edited by Soot1e

Over the years, I've run most offerings from Philips and Osram and also the Halfords Extreme Brilliance bulbs. Tbh, I thought the Halfords ones were as good as the Osram Nightbreakers and Philips Xtremes with the added bonus that they were significantly cheaper, especially in the BOGOFF deals. Didn't have any issues with noticeably shorter life and I sold the car after 1.5 years with them still in and working fine.

Chris