HID Aftermaket kit - Help for definitive how to

The shape of the beam looks about right although as it has saturated the camera it's hard to see where the hotspot etc actually is. However, it's the area I've marked out in red here that worries me.

That area would probably result in many flashes from everyone else, including me and the light-bar ;)

Reflectors are designed for halogens, the manufacturers spend a fair old slice of money making sure all is good when the proper bulb is married into the reflector, that everything is where it should be. No amounts of sticky-tape on a HID burner will make that "right".

• 8 months later...

Hello.

I have a 2011 Octavia. I tried all sorts of HID kits in my car and got the usual problems of not working, or sometimes they would work for a couple of days and then turn off and show and error light on the dash.

Eventually I bought a set of Canbus-pro ballasts from hids-driect on Ebay and they have worked faultlessly for 5 years from the word go.

If you buy the ballasts seperately, ie, not in a kit, you can also specify bulbs with metal bases and also the correct (split) bulb retaining clips. all this makes them a doddle to fit and there is no need for re-coding the ECU on the car at all. literally plug and play.

Once I had fitted a set to my car and ironed out the wrinkles I managed to fit a set to my friends Octavia during the lunch hour at work in the company car park with no problems.