Super Skoda

Hey folks,

I've been on the forum a while now, as ever, I only went hunting because something had gone wrong with the car. It was two problems in the end, turbo actuator was gone and the DPF was on it's last legs because it wasn't regenerating as it should...

The car hadn't been running right for about 7 months (don't ask - I changed jobs and was working ridiculous hours)

So - replaced the actuator and got Joe Power to remove the DPF and remap the car, haven't put it on the rollers yet, but Joe reckons about 220-225bhp and 330-340ftlb of torque!

The short story is, it's completely changed the car and all the little niggles have now been corrected and I've fallen back in love with her!! So... I've decided to treat her (and myself ;))

I was looking around and want to so some of the smaller things first, spruce up the interior a little and pick up the cheaper things before I go the whole hog with alloys, coilovers and so on and so forth!

Question is, Super Skoda which I've seen mentioned on here, do quite a few things that seem to be OK, looking at the below items to get the ball rolling, any thoughts or views on the products as to their quality, can they be gotten cheaper elsewhere... (I know I could wrap my own console, but I am literally rubbish at things like that!)

I need a new gear knob (careful:)) so was looking at this - http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-II/Octavia-II-04-12-superior-alcantara-full-shift-knob-boot-set-6M-RS-chrome-plate

I am also really big into carbon fibre and was looking at these two bits too!

http://www.superskoda.com/skoda/octavia-ii/octavia-ii-04-08-w-climatronic-dashboard-kit-carbon

http://www.superskoda.com/skoda/octavia-ii/octavia-ii-04-10-door-handle-shell-cover-carbon

Is there anyone on here that wraps the front grills in carbon fibre? I'm based in Ireland so would have to post it over...

Cheers - I must post up some pictures of my last car before I got sensible (hopefully I won't go to that extent again!!)

Dave

I have ordered a few bits from Superskoda now and not had any issues.

The gear knob looks ok, you can buy just the insert too, I got one on ebay.

Those carbon bits look a bit nasty imo. I wrapped my centre console a little while ago with some 4D carbon vinyl. It looks very realistic, whereas the superskoda bits dont.

But each to their own an all that.

2FFDE399-C8A7-499C-A877-8F525FB7CA08-80625-0000422705557C49.jpg

Cool, thanks for the feedback...

Looking at the door handles, I'm gone off them...but I do think the dash trim looks ok, it's got that clear coat kind of look to it.

I need a new knob anyhow as my own has a rip in it...

No actually but it's exactly what I was looking for as I've quite a few things I'd like done in that carbon effect!!! Cheers for the link, it gives me some serious food for thought on what I can do now!! ;)

• Like 1

Hi I am also looking at ordering a few parts from SuperSkoda in particular the new gear knob insert, but was wondering how the old one is fixed/attached and what would be the best method for removing the old one with out causing damage to the leather. Any info would be great.

Thanks

JImmy.

Ordered some rear scuff plates from super skoda on Wednesday night and they arrived today,that's what I call service......feared a long wait after reading some.of the posts

• Like 1

So as the test order went ok its time to place another one. Got a few bits in the basket, I was tempted by the mirror covers, but they only cover the front so you'd have the white (in my case) exposed which I don't think is a good look.

I'm tempted by these pillar covers in gloss black (see pictures) but not 100% sure, any views would be appreciated.

post-15023-0-59644200-1360405500_thumb.jpg

post-15023-0-87574600-1360405519_thumb.jpg