Rns 510 firmware upgrades

Speed of burning disc I have read makes a difference(although my comp didn't give me speed option)

I use windows 8

Downloaded file from above site (ISO)

And then from downloaded section right clicked file and select burn disc

I also used a cd( good quality )

Make sure you tick verify file on burn screen

Ok got the firmware upgrade done, from 5218 to 5269.

Made an ISO file from all folders and files from download (direct only the folders were copied)

Did not have to install de maps (V10) but noticed 2 things that got worse

1. gps was way off, car on one street and gps showing it was on other street, 100meters off. (gone for a drive and appears it found itself.)

2. On start up after being off for a while, when boot logo comes on, radio station on (still boot logo on screen) before I could change stations using the steering wheels button, preset stations, now will just change to one station non preseted and number 1 station preset. Only when the system is totally up is when it excepts all preset station and will change.

May degrade

When I did the update the nav said my loc was in Germany but after a few mins reset to my location

Haven't noticed any other problems but as I said the old firmware was extremely slow

To input a postcode it was press letter wait a few secs press letter wait again etc sometimes upto a min just to input a postcode

Now it's immediate

Also the startup took a few mins before now it's under a min

Hi,

New member here so I'm sure this problem has come up before.

My 2010 Skoda Superb RNS 510 has suddenly developed the constant rebooting problem. I took it to the main dealers today and they said it needs a replacement unit at £1850.00
I have though read that it's possible to fix this issue with a firmware update disc.

Questions;

a) Is this true?

B) Could anyone please tell me where to get such a thing?
c) Assuming there is such a thing and I could get a hold of one, could anyone tell me how to use the disc?

Alternatively, could anyone please tell me where I could get my unit repaired at a reasonable price?

I would be eternally grateful for any help.

THANKS

Have a look at this thread, particularly post #5 from Ned as this addresses his solution to the same problem that he had: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/291354-rns-510-columbus-restart-or-reboot-repeatedly/

If you trawl or search this forum, specifically the In Car Entertainment (ICE) section, you'll find a lot if info about upgrading firmware on a Columbus / RNS510 unit.

Also look at the 'My Gti' forum as links to firmware and guidance notes are on there.

Follow kbs post above first, but if ultimately you have no joy, try www.Hazzydayz.com who fix these units and are very good to deal with and will accept a unit by courier (from personal experience).  Its probably a software issue, which is probably quite cheap to fix.

Whatever you do, please don't pay £1850 for a new unit though.  They are a lot cheaper on eBay (£400 or so upwards) for a new unit with updated software and maps.  Just beware stolen units.

Adam