Who is going to be first to order?

I also think the estate is nicer but that is the same of the Mk2 I have just change from a hatchback mK2 to the estate as I think the design is better on the eye. Unfortunately i had to change earlier than expected so didn't have the chance for new model. Shame but can't complain to much as i should of been moved to s Citroen c5. Now that is a awfully dreadful car.

Yup, as seen in the picture it just looks like every other rep mobile Audi in its inevitable dreary grey/black/silver. :)

Ah well. We will agree to disagree then. I am honest enough to admit that if money were no object I would prefer an s line than a skoda, but even though I can't justify spending 35 grand on one I wouldn't call it dreary. What would you call an RS4? Depressing?

No denying that, if money were no object people wouldn't be buying Skodas. :)

Dont see how anyone can claim the above Audi is in anyway interesting or anything but a bit dull. Mostly the colour that does it, really really tired of seeing endless rows of black/silver/grey. Audi just seem really middle of the road.

For that kind of cash a BMW 335i in a nice colour would be much much more interesting.

I have just gone down the path of choosing my next company car and the A4 was on the list but unless you get the S Line spec they are very dull. However the S Lines work out very expensive.

In the end it came down to a BMW 318D Touring and the new Mazda 6 Sport Tourer. It was VERY close but I went for another 6, the Beemer is beautifully built and engineered but not very well equiped. To get all the toys the 6 has you would need to spend about 40 K on the BM !!

It looks huge. Just how much bigger is it over a mk2m

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Not much I dont think. 90mm lengthways and an extra 45mm on the mirrors? I think...?

I have just gone down the path of choosing my next company car and the A4 was on the list but unless you get the S Line spec they are very dull. However the S Lines work out very expensive.

In the end it came down to a BMW 318D Touring and the new Mazda 6 Sport Tourer. It was VERY close but I went for another 6, the Beemer is beautifully built and engineered but not very well equiped. To get all the toys the 6 has you would need to spend about 40 K on the BM !!

I went out in a 6 yesterday, and thought it was a very nice car indeed. Current thoughts for my next car are either a Mk3, a 6 sports tourer or a CX-5.

Sorry to say, some of you might say it's bland but personally I think the more you look at it, the nicer it is!

Hatchside_zpsdb147101.jpg

Hatchopen_zps5cd6efe8.jpg

mmm :p

To be fair the silver car in the pics has got optional 18 inch wheels and probably sports suspension as well. The pics of the cars on the road tests i have seen have smaller wheels and a gap between tyre and wheel arch one could drive a bus through. Which is why I have specced sports suspension on my elegance

Can you get to a 320d EfficientDynamics Tourer? Only announced a few weeks ago. Same price as a 320d SE but (in my experience) lower lease price driven by the desirability of its co2 figure. 320SE 125 g/km, 318SE 123 g/km, 320ed 112 g/km.

I was going to test drive a Mazda 6 but was put off by their spec strategy. With BMW / Audi and to an extend, Skoda, you can have an option if you are prepared to pay. With the 6, the SE-L model comes as it is with (IIRC) only paint as an option - yet I wanted heated leather seats. The only way to get that is to have the Sport model where they are standard, but you have to have 18" wheels and presumably a worse ride - and it would cost me an extra £70 a month. Struck from the short-list. The 320ed is still on it (but with reservations about cramped footwell with 3 pedals and my size 11s) and if I like a test drive in an Octy Mk3, the Octy Estate (or should I say Combi?) could be on it too. On my allowance I could afford the Beemer, but the Octy would get me some money back, less tax to pay - and a much bigger boot. Tricky - though I think it is what they call a first world problem...

Edited by Juniperz

Can you get to a 320d EfficientDynamics Tourer? Only announced a few weeks ago. Same price as a 320d SE but (in my experience) lower lease price driven by the desirability of its co2 figure. 320SE 125 g/km, 318SE 123 g/km, 320ed 112 g/km.

I was going to test drive a Mazda 6 but was put off by their spec strategy. With BMW / Audi and to an extend, Skoda, you can have an option if you are prepared to pay. With the 6, the SE-L model comes as it is with (IIRC) only paint as an option - yet I wanted heated leather seats. The only way to get that is to have the Sport model where they are standard, but you have to have 18" wheels and presumably a worse ride - and it would cost me an extra £70 a month. Struck from the short-list. The 320ed is still on it (but with reservations about cramped footwell with 3 pedals and my size 11s) and if I like a test drive in an Octy Mk3, the Octy Estate (or should I say Combi?) could be on it too. On my allowance I could afford the Beemer, but the Octy would get me some money back, less tax to pay - and a much bigger boot. Tricky - though I think it is what they call a first world problem...

we looked at 318d beemers for our company but was about £600/month on a 3 year 75,000 mile lease inc maintenance. Octavia 2.0 crd elegances were £325/month..........

The 6 Sport has 19" wheels, but the ride is surprisingly good.

Bigger than I thought & useful to know - thanks. Still too expensive for the 6 Sport though.

we looked at 318d beemers for our company but was about £600/month on a 3 year 75,000 mile lease inc maintenance. Octavia 2.0 crd elegances were £325/month..........

My company has arrangements with both Alphabet (owned by BMW) and LeasePlan (owned by VW) - you can guess where the best prices came from for 320ed and Octavia...

In case I have missed it somewhere, what kind of lead time are you being quoted?

cheers,

I ordered at the beginning of Feb, only last week my dealer could see on the system that my car was allocated a provisional build date of early April. Now it's being built next week and I should have it by the begining of April so that's only about 8 weeks. Things could change when people start to order in increasing numbers, also my dealers own demonstrator is taking longer to arrive as it is being heavily specced.

• Like 1

I ordered at the beginning of Feb, only last week my dealer could see on the system that my car was allocated a provisional build date of early April. Now it's being built next week and I should have it by the begining of April so that's only about 8 weeks. Things could change when people start to order in increasing numbers, also my dealers own demonstrator is taking longer to arrive as it is being heavily specced.

we ordered late Feb and are being quoted May/June :think:

The TV advert says up to £500 deposit contribution and 3 year servicing, so seems the finance incentives seem to be carrying across. Hopefully the VAT or similar will follow suit a few months after launch.

• Like 1

The TV advert says up to £500 deposit contribution and 3 year servicing, so seems the finance incentives seem to be carrying across. Hopefully the VAT or similar will follow suit a few months after launch.

On the Skoda website it only mentions the Solutions PCP offer, I hope the free servicing will be on HP too!

Just got a mailshot from Skoda about the new Octavia. It says this near the bottom "Prices start from just £15,990 OTR. Order with ŠKODA Finance and you'll get 6.9% APR representative, up to three years' free servicing* and £500 deposit contribution^. "